When do you predict the Wacom Mobile Studio 2 will get released? 2018? early 2019?

Discussion in 'Artists' started by godofiron, Jul 27, 2017.

?

When do you predict the Wacom Mobile Studio 2 will get released?

1. 2018

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. 2019

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  3. 2020

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Not in our lifetimes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. godofiron

godofiron Pen Pal - Newbie

personally, I and others I've come across online, have mixed feelings about the state of the wacom MSP, and its current capabilities.

waiting ages for wacom to fix most of the problems (especially with the pricier models) might not necessarily be the best strategy for some, so I thought I might as well wait for the next iteration, with all the feedback from current MSP users guiding its development process.

2. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

well.......when they launched the MSP1, my Cintiq Companion 2 suspiciously died.......I can't help but feel that should my MSP1 die......whenever that happens.....the MSP2 will be conveniently right around the corner.

Honestly between the pen improvements in the New Surface Pro (not 5), and the S-pen Samsung devices like the Notebook 9 Pro.......should my MSP die.....so long wacom.

3. godofiron

godofiron Pen Pal - Newbie

Honestly, if there was perhaps a 16 inch version of the surface pro, I think I'd have given up on wacom by now.
    screensize, power and affordability. it seems I can only choose two attributes when it comes to MSP and surface pro :(

4. Zhao Su

Zhao Su Zee Ess

Honestly, I don't think they should even bother with a MSP-2. At this point I 'd much rather Samsung buy a larger stake in Wacom and force them to focus solely on driver development and customer support, both of which are far more important than having the latest and greatest and which they are sorely lacking. Samsung can throw in some of their own guys to focus on making compelling hardware with reasonable prices instead, unlike Wacom.

When I can get more done on a Note and an iPro w/ Apple Pencil than I can on a Cintiq device from Wacom due to driver issues, you know there's a problem.

Azzart likes this.
  5. AvalonX

AvalonX Scribbler - Standard Member

I say 2018 the latest. It wouldnt even shock me if it was late this year. It wont be a lot different, maybe not even a name change but I am expecting a soft refresh sooner rather than later.