When do you change the pen tip?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by hoochimagoo, Oct 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 919jack

919jack Pen Pal - Newbie

Haha or you can just bite the tip and yank it out with your teeth. Cheap and effective, and no damage I can find to the teeth or the nibs. Kinda low-tech though, which is an inherent disadvantage in this forum.

BTW, I wholeheartedly second the recommendation of the felt nibs...MUCH better writing and mousing experience, I think it is easier and more accurate, and I didn't feel that this aspect of tablet computing needed improvement before I tried the felt. Now I will never go back.

2. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Completely agree Jack.
    Again I can not stress enough the importance of the 'felt nibs'.

3. hoochimagoo

hoochimagoo Pen Pal - Newbie

So can the felt nibs from wacom be used in a T2010 supplied pen or do I need to buy another wacom pen? Also can I use any wacom pen or just the tablet PC one's they suggest (ie the executive pen).

4. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The felts will fit any Tablet pen.

As to which pen can you use; those mentioned for the Tablet PC and a few others ~ which you will have to obtain info from dedicated Graphics Artists (as in member Shogmaster).

5. hoochimagoo

hoochimagoo Pen Pal - Newbie

I thought I had a handle on the pen/nib deal - that is I could use a Cintiq18SX on a T2010 tablet (with the write drivers) or a Cross Executive Pen with felt nibs. Just to check I also asked Wacom and received the following reply:

"Thank you for your inquiry. The Cross Executive Pen only uses one style of nibs (UPCROSSNIBS). The standard Graphire, Intuos, and Bamboo nibs will not fit into that pen properly. Here is the link to those nibs:

http://direct.wacom.com/stores/5/Cross_Executive_Pen_Replacemen_P1058C73.cfm

As for the Cintiq 18SX Grip Pen; it will not work with a Tablet PC system. It
    only interacts with the Cintiq18SX. If you need to get a replacement pen for
    your tablet PC (Please take note that it must be "Penabled" to function.) you
    can purchase those directly off of our website. Here is a link to those pens:

http://direct.wacom.com/stores/5/Tablet_PCs_C72.cfm

Please feel free to call our customer service department with any further
    questions."

Any comments from the experienced out there?