When do you change the pen tip?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by hoochimagoo, Oct 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. benjim

benjim Pen Pal - Newbie

May I ask you how you attached the overhead transparency to the screen? Does it affect the brightness and colour of the screen? Considering the screen protectors cost about $6O here in Australia for a pack at 5 (and my T4215 package didn't include any protectors), this could save me a lot of money.

2. kureshii

kureshii Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

They're just attached by clear tape; cut strips from one of those sticky clear plastic covers with backings, since 3M isn't a very big brand name here (it also allows me to shape the strips to account for obstacles before actually sticking it down), but you should be able to find a better substitute over there. Get something that sticks nicely and doesn't leave marks when removed.

Whether it affects brightness and colour will depend on the kind of transparency you buy. There's practically no noticeable difference with the ones i use.

Just some pointers: when sticking the tape down, be mindful of your handwriting area - you won't want any tape there. You might have to thin down the strips so they don't extend too far off the screen chassis edge. Start sticking from one side of the screen, then smooth and flatten it out before sticking down another edge. The protector will still lose its tautness over time so it's best to account for this right at the start. A little planning beforehand will go a long way =)

On hindsight I'm glad I went with a 12.1" tablet... a 14" would be too big for this ^^

3. benjim

benjim Pen Pal - Newbie

Sounds doable. I'll be trying this when my current protector no longer serves it's function. Thanks for the tip.

4. joetje

joetje Pen Pal - Newbie

You should use the screen protectors from this company. They are from Australia and these protectors are great and affortable!;)

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  5. linda.sheffield

linda.sheffield Pen Pal - Newbie

Wow! Thanks again P8RSON for your excellent advice! May I ask, how does the felt change the writing feel? I have already ordered my NuShield but just the idea of a felt tip makes me think it would improve write-ability considerably.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  6. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Arguably Linda, these 'felt nibs' are one of the most important accessories I have used for the Tablet.
    They really do enhance the writing experience... trust me.

7. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

How do you replace the nibs?

8. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

With the pen that came with your Tablet Eugene should have been a small circular silver looking tool.

You simply need to take this tool in between your finger and thumb, align the nib with the small hole on the tool and pinch tightly... This will cause the tool to tighten on the nib.

Now pull down on the nib and it should free itself from the pens nib chamber, allowing you to reinsert a new or different nib.

9. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

Dammit....I didn't get that with mine. So you basically just pull it straight out? I'm going to get a set of needle-nose pliers and grind it out to emulate this tool.

10. kureshii

kureshii Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Hmm, it should have came together with the spare pen nibs... I guess pliers would work as well.