Whats your work at home set up like?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by darkmagistric, Apr 2, 2020.

1. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Been seeing this on some social feeds (Facebook, Instagam) where everyone is sharing their "Work from home" set ups during this Corona Pandemic.

I figure that could be a fun thread for us. So....lets share our "Work From Home Setups"

2. darkmagistric

I'll go first. So I have my 4-Monitor Desktop Rig.

I have three 29'inch monitors with the 21:9 superwide screen aspect ratio. One is by AOC, and the other two are by LG. One of the LG's is VESA mounted on top of the AOC and the other LG is vertically. And the 4th monitor is the Cintiq 21ux. The Desktop itself is old and in need of an upgrade.....Still running Windows 7, and its got a 4th gen i7 (devils canyon) 16GB of Ram, and a GTX 1080.

In front however is my mobile set up for my coding bootcamp....that I used to use in class or at coffee shops....but now I'm using it at home. Its an HP Zbook x2 USB-C connected to a 15 inch Asus Zen Touch Monitor.

I've been using my Desktop and Mobile rigs concurrently........I have all my actual code going on the Zbook since I have so much installed on it......My desktop for example.....couldn't run MySQl workbench (for whatever reason)....So I still do the coding the work on the Zbook ( and its just nice having a clean file system.....unlike my Desktop that is from a file perspective filthy as hell.) But I've been using my Desktop to inspect and compare code.....the additional 4 monitors come very much in handy when you have to dissect a repository that has 10-20 seperate Javascript files.

desktop rig.jpg

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
    T-ravisty, stoneseeker and Marty like this.
  3. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Wow, nice! :eek: I suddenly hate my life. :D

My "home" setup while out-of-state during the pandemic: a low wooden chair, a tiny desk with an old 1080p monitor, crappy MS wireless keyboard and mouse, and a ThinkPad Yoga 3rd gen. So yeah, not great. :p

darkmagistric likes this.
  4. darkmagistric

Sounds better then this gem of a makeshaft home office in NYC

funny desk space.jpg

T-ravisty and Bronsky like this.
  5. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Hahaha. Better, but not a whole lot better. :D

6. djas

djas Graffiti User

IMG-20200403-WA0014.jpg

darkmagistric likes this.
  7. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

I had already had everything to set up a highly productive mobile office so here is my setup for WFH -

Surface Pro X connected to my portable 4K USB C monitor, my One-Netbook One Mix Yoga 3 and my Google issued Chromebook. Teams is my primary collaboration tools, with the exception of Google meetings we use Hang-outs for Business. No Zoom for me thus far...

[​IMG]

djas, stoneseeker and darkmagistric like this.
  8. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

We recently moved in to a larger home of our recently widowed Aunt in the interior, so I had to set up a new home office regardless of Corona. Its a much larger and brighter space than I am used to!
    StoneHomeOffice01web.jpg
    StoneHomeOffice02web.jpg

and my gaming corner for when I need a break:
    StoneHomeOffice03web.jpg

I've been working from home or abroad for half my career, so not a big change for me!

T-ravisty, djas, JoeS and 1 other person like this.
  9. darkmagistric

I’m kind of surprised how relatively modest your home set up is..No desktop or large monitors at all?

and out of curiosity....which portable 4K USB monitor do you have, and does it have touch, a battery, or a kickstand?

10. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

My home set up. Network printer and my Go perched atop an Ikea desk. Not very glamorous.

[​IMG]