What's the best HDD for upgrading my NEW T4220?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by SKim, May 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SKim

SKim T4220 Owner and Lovin It!

Thanks to all of the great posts I'm now a PROUD NEW OWNER OF the T4220!!! :D
    She came with the following spec:
    T7500, 1GB, 60GB (5400rpm), I/O XGA, Dual Layer DVD, Vista Biz

I've upgraded the memory (4GB kit (2GBx2) Crucial)!!! Works like a charm so far. Passed Memtest86+ with flying colors.

NOW for the next step! What's the best HDD and any pointers on installing it?

2. BGP_Spook

BGP_Spook Pen Pal - Newbie

3. kureshii

kureshii Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Since you didn't specify a budget, I'd assume these are right up your alley ;) Don't think you can find anything better than that (in terms of speed), LOL.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  4. SKim

Thanks for the responses, didn't really have a budget but. I ended up purchasing a 200GB 7200rpm Hitachi HDD. It has been working like a charm. No excessive heat, no crashes...

I'm a happy camper.

5. cuedot

cuedot Pen Pal - Newbie

So was the install easy? How did you do it?

6. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

7. SKim

It was VERY easy! :) The HDD I purchased (Best Buy Hitachi Travelstar 2.5 Internal Hard Drive 2-in-1 Notebook PC Upgrade Kit) was extremely easy to install. Couldn't find the one leaftye spoke of. Some basic directions come with the HDD you can follow those as well.

The following are the steps I took to upgrade:
    1. Installed the new HDD in the provided case (instruction included with device)
    2. Enter your BIOS (Press F8 when you see the Fujitsu Logo at startup) ensure that the system is set to boot to DVD drive 1st.
    3. Insert the included CD, then shut down
    4. Plug in the USB drive.
    5. Turn on the PC
    6. The included software will walk you through creating an image of your current system.
    7. When complete, remove the CD, turn off the PC, remove the battery, unplug.
    8. The HDD bay is located under the left side of the keyboard (OS sticker is on the door).
    9. Remove the new HDD from the case, remove the HDD from the PC (unsnap the brown connector thing and take it out of the little silver case). Install the new HDD.
    10. Put the old HDD in the external case, reconnect everything and you should be good to go.

Hope that helps.
    Good Luck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.