whats so great about fuji?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by P8RSON, Dec 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caeci11ius

caeci11ius Moderator Moderator

US/UK/Aussie sale of goods legislation all comes from the same roots in English common law and as such should be relatively similar in all three countries (though of course the US may diverge a little more due to the longer period of seperation between the US/UK legal systems).

Here in Australia, it is the right of the customer AT HIS OPTION to choose between a repair/replacement/refund of his money if he purchases faulty goods. I suggest you check the US Sale of Goods act or whatever it's called there (probably something similar) and perhaps contact your consumer protection organisation. Also, if you're still having hassles, many people find contacting prominent IT publications/newspapers has the effect they're looking for...companies hate bad press. It's an expensive machine, don't settle for anything less than top notch customer service (you paid for it!)!

2. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Agree...
    In fact I voiced this very same opinion in another thread today.

3. gtsai2

gtsai2 Pen Pal - Newbie

So...after receiving back my 4210 for the 2nd time, a lady called me to tell me that it was the extra ram that i installed that was giving me bluescrees/random shutdowns. I coudlnt' ask her details as i was in middle of class.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145012

thats the link for the ram i installed.

So they sent the tablet back, and they "replaced HDD and Cable for Blue screen"

So my question is, why did they replace the harddrive? THey didn't remove the RAM either...whats up?

4. P8RSON

Errr.... isn't all this a contradiction to what was diagnosed as causing the problem!

I would get back to them pronto and ask if they could verify what they did and why they did it.

5. ShadowBlaze

ShadowBlaze Scribbler - Standard Member

Now you're scaring me. How would you know if a memory stick is compatible with the T4210.As far as I can tell your Corsair memory stick fits the description of Fujitsu's ram upgrade note. I've replaced the original memory stick in my T4210 as well. How would I know that it's doing more good than bad?
    These are the ones I purchased and installed:
    http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16820227099

6. gtsai2

gtsai2 Pen Pal - Newbie

So i called them and after being on hold for about 20 mins or so, they finally got me connected to a technician. The guy said "um...for some reason there's two diagnostics for your tablet." uh..ok. So when i asked what to do since they didn't remove the apparently "bad RAM" and instead, replaced my harddrive, the guy said "just remove the RAM and see how it runs for a week or two"...

So first off, I thought it was the motherboard that was bad (since they replaced that the first time i sent it in) and now, apparently, both the RAM and Harddrive is causing the BSOD and random restarts/shutdowns even though on the return slip under diagnostics it says the problem was the harddrive and cable??? hmm...ok.

So what i'm gonna do is just remove the 1 gig stick i bought and see how it goes.

Wow i love fujitsu,
    From: Pissed off college student who wishes he had gotten an HP. (by the way, fujitsu customer service blows)

7. P8RSON

I'm still unsure what exactly is going on here....
    What did they say to you after you told them "why was the hard drive and cable changed" and if the memory is faulty "why didn't you change my memory when you had my machine"?

8. gtsai2

gtsai2 Pen Pal - Newbie

'm still unsure what exactly is going on here....
    What did they say to you after you told them "why was the hard drive and cable changed" and if the memory is faulty "why didn't you change my memory when you had my machine"?

for "why was the hard drive and cable changed", the technician said, "well i guess they found something wrong with the harddrive so they had to change it out"....and for:

"why didn't you change my memory when you had my machine"? the technician said, "well your tablet's problem was identified and fixed when they took the memory out, but they put it back in"

yah...wtf. Anyway, it seemed like the guy was bs'in alot of what he was saying just because he wasn't sure. Either way, i'm just gonna take out the 1gig stick i installed and see how it goes from there. If it works fine, i have nothing to complain about. If it doens't, i'm about to take some legal action or deal with the media somehow.

9. gtsai2

gtsai2 Pen Pal - Newbie

UPDATE

So here's whats goin on - I put the 4210 on the backburner as school was bogging me down and i dind't have time to mess with Fujitsu's customer service. After the 2nd time of repair, i was getting the same problems as when i bought it new. So after 1 hour on the phone, and 5 people later, i finally talked to someone who had the authority to do something. He said it send it in again, and he would personally check it out - he'd keep it for 2 days after the "repair", and if it had the same problems as before, he would talk about replacement or refund. So thats it, lets wait and see.

ps. the problems were blue screens, random restarts, and USB problems

10. P8RSON

Unfortunately gtsai2 and I do mean this with the greatest of respect but occasionally it does happen.... you get what you believe to be a great machine from a reliable source only to find yourself being let down by others whom you would have thought better of.

In NO WAY am I supporting Fujitsu here (if they get it wrong then they would be damned without question).
    However, sometimes it just happens... no one knows why but you get something and for the love of all you simply can not understand why you get so many issues along the way.

As an example, only two weeks back I ordered a top end DVD Recorder from a very reliable UK source.
    I've used them quite a few times and have NEVER had any issues in the past.
    However, after the mandatory wait for the goods to arrive the next day as promised, I got on the phone to them.
    Unfortunately there was something wrong with their phone system and I spent the best part of a day trying to get through and nor were they replying to my emails.
    I managed to get through the following day just before they closed and was told "sorry, for some strange reason the goods were never dispatched".

Anyway, after awaiting again the next day and again nothing arrived I tried again to contact them.
    Again it took me until the following day and again was told "there was an issue with sending the unit out and it didn't go until this morning".

So now at my fifth day of waiting.... nothing arrived.
    Sixth day and I manage to get a dispatch number and the courier telephone.

Surprise as surprise I had difficulty in getting through with them... again a courier who I use on a very regular basis and until this, not one problem in the past.

So, it turns out the item did go out on the lorry but it never made it to the correct courier branch.

The next day I manage to find out it's at the correct courier branch and on it's way for shipment the following day.

The following day it's been loaded on the van at 08:30 prompt and is on it's way to me, along with 100+ other parcels.

By the end of the day nothing has arrived........
    A phone call and I am told "the van driver is new to the area and he has not enough time to complete his round. It will be delivered after the weekend".

Monday came... nothing.... This time the reply was "it's Christmas, we are having an unusual amount of deliveries to make, can I ask for your patience"
    WHAT...... my patience.......

To this day, some two weeks later........ I am still awaiting shipment and with only 2 more delivery days to Christmas, it's looking bleak.

All from two parties who I have used on a regular basis and under normal circumstances wouldn't even have flinched at any possible problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.