whats so great about fuji?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by P8RSON, Dec 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gtsai2

gtsai2 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey i'm a college student and recently purchased a 4210 from newegg (about a month ago). I've had problems ever since i received it. I get the BSOD about once every 2 days. The computer randomly shuts off (or restarts) while i'm using it. (for example, in class while using one note) Instead of telling me tehre's a power surge when plugging in my external HD, it shuts off automatically without warning. The keyboard has a flex in it. The latch isn't secure when switched to tablet mode. When i contacted newegg about the problem, they wont replace my 4210 and when i contacted Fujitsu, they want me to pay for shipping to repair -not replace- my "new" tablet. I initially decided to purchase this 4210 over the tc4400 because of all the rave reviews about fujitsu...but after all these problems with the tablet itself and the customer support, im thinking i made the wrong decision...

2. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Fujitsu has always been top notch in support. This comes as a major surprise that you are being treated this way. Please send me a PM if you would like us to get in touch with our contacts at Fujitsu. Perhaps in this exceptional situation we can help you out.

Barry

3. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

In the UK if you experience difficulties with your hardware in the first 12 months the seller is legally bound to either fix/replace or refund at no cost what so ever to the unfortunate owner.
    This is covered by the Sale of Goods Act 1979. Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982. Sale and Supply of Goods Act 1994. The Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumers Regulations 2002.
    Further if bought on the internet or by mail or phone then a further protection, the Distance Selling Regulation.

Obviously each country has their own method of consumer protection and should in all cases be investigated.

In other words, if you have a problem there should be a legal protection policy available for you.

4. gtsai2

gtsai2 Pen Pal - Newbie

After another unexpected auto-shutdown of my computer about 20 minutes ago, i decided to call fujitsu again. I initially didn't want to send off my tablet because being at college for a week without one isn't very convenient. But I decided its about time i get it repaired. After some prying, fujitsu agreed to pay for shipping (though i gotta pay for packaging). I'll be sending it off today, and we'll see how well repaired it comes back. Thanks Barry, for the offer. I might take you up on it if the tablet comes back in the same condition. I'll update you guys in 2 weeks or so after I get some hours logged on when it comes back. P8erson, I live in the US, so as for as our legal policies go...i have no idea.
    THanks guys

5. okashira

okashira Scribbler - Standard Member

I just sent mine off today, too. :)
    keyboard flex, BSOD's, backlight bleeding and edge tracking cited.

I had taken 6 classes worth of notes (one week, 3 classes)
    now im back to paper, and I cant access my digital notes; not fun.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
  6. P8RSON

Honestly Jon, I really do feel very sorry for you.
    This is made worse by the fact I know Fujitsu do make excellent laptops/tablets.

No way would I be on my seventh laptop and second tablet without having the satisfaction of trust and reliability.

I am very keen to hear how you get on with this.....

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
  7. gtsai2

gtsai2 Pen Pal - Newbie

damn it! sorry for the frustration, but 5 days after receiving back my fujitsu 4210 (while paying for packaging), another BSOD came up...wtf?? I called fuji, and they wanted me to pay for shipping(again). I'm just so tired for fujitsu and will never ever EVER buy or suggest fujitsu again. If i could return it, i'd get a hp 4400...I've heard so many good things about their customer service, but lately, all i've heard is problems from fujitsu....AVOID FUJITSU!!!

8. P8RSON

This happens not to be the first time I have heard of someone suffering at the hands of Fujitsu US/Canada.

gtsai2, please can you tell me EXACTLY which support you called... Was it the US/Canada?

It annoys me no end when one particular department gets it so wrong for the remainder of their what is an excellent customer service.

I intend to bring the matter up with a higher plain.......

.... and I will also mention the fact NO ONE should have to bear ANY costs for sending a faulty device back.

Most certainly in the UK this is unacceptable and Fujitsu Siemens in no form would expect an individual to provide such.

9. gtsai2

gtsai2 Pen Pal - Newbie

US 1-800-838-5487(8) (1-800-8-fujitsu)

Ok, so i just got off the phone with Brent, a supervisor from Fujitsu (nice guy by the way), and he said that there was no way that they could reimburst for packaging costs, but that they would pay for shipping. (i tried pretty hard)

I then told him that I would be happy to pay for packaging and shipping if they could just guarantee a "non-faulty" computer when it returned the 2nd time...which is what i expected when buying a new 1800 tablet from them.

I asked that if the computer came back the 2nd time still faulty, then if i could opt for a replacement instead of repair. He said that it could be a possiblity, but of course he cant guarantee that.

So....its the $1800, 7 weeks, 20 bucks in packaging costs, 3 weeks wait for the return shipping, time spent on phone, and time spent packaging and sending off the computer that results in this unsatisfied Fujitsu customer.

We'll see how the computer performs after they ship it back. I'll keep you guys posted.

10. P8RSON

I am going to have to check up on the laws in the US for sales of goods and what the customer has for protection, but I would have thought it to be on something very similar to the UK.

You purchase something, no matter how trivial or expensive, the rights are the same.
    The warranty is everything that it should be:-
    If the device develops a fault within the first six months, you instantly take it back to the shop where it was purchased and it is up to the shop to prove the device is working.
    If the problem appears after the first six months but inside the warranty, things change slightly in that it is up to the customer to prove the device is faulty.
    However, none takes away your exact rights in that the warranty covers you for everything, and this includes ALL costs including shipping.

In the UK it happens quite a lot where you get a misinformed sales/tech assistant who gives wrong advice, part of which could be your rights as a customer, but these are soon stamped upon when it is brought to the attention of their peers.

Provided you are in the right and everything is covered as it should, I would politely (and I can not stress enough the word politely), inform them "thank you but I am going to have check my legal rights as a customer. This may inform me having to contact head office or the media. Please may I have your name or sales/tech identification number"!!!
    Surprising how quick you get the response you are looking for.

gtsai2 (and anyone else effected), I would be banging on the doors of the legal offices to the Sales & Goods Act's of the respective country.

As an example; One of my Fujitsu Siemens Pocket PC's developed a fault in that the wifi suddenly stopped working.
    A quick phone call to the UK Fujitsu Siemens Tech Supp and it was quickly diagnosed that there was indeed a hardware fault.

I was told to pack the item back in it's box and a Courier would pick it up by the end of the following day.
    I was pleasantly surprised when twenty hours later a courier turned up, not to pick up my faulty device but had with him a new replacement.....

.... luckily I hadn't even packaged the device up at this stage.
    Now that's what I call customer service.

Anyway, thanks for providing the telephone number.

... and if that computer does come back AGAIN faulty, you don't need to ask (although it is polite granted) for a replacement... It should be your right.
    Either that or ask for your money back.
    Or are the US Federal and State laws that so much different to the UK ones?
    I really must find the time to check.........