What will you do when someone stole your fujitsu?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by leaftye, Dec 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lowlife

lowlife Addicted to gadgets

I would just breath deep and call it a loss. You really have no option other than investigating different insurance avenues.

I would take the opportunity to buy up if possible and be super careful with your things. I personally do not let anything that I really value out of my sight. For example I just bought a Harley and refuse to take overnight trips because I fear it getting stolen at the hotel.

2. aetneerg

aetneerg Pen Pal - Newbie

You should get computrace lojack this time on your laptop. I bought my tablet straight from Fujitsu in Japan and they gave me 1 year of free LoJack, they guarantee they will find and return your laptop or you get a new one. If they have that much confidence in their technology it must be worth it to buy Lojack. At least you will get something back for your laptop being stolen.

3. Kyle Porter

Kyle Porter Veteran Moderator Senior Member

Yeah. I have pretty much had someone try to mug me before. I was walking out of my school late at night and i guy was approaching me. Pulled out my cellphone and pretended to dial three numbers, and he bolted. Without a doubt he thought i was calling the cops.

4. Grimnir

Grimnir Think tank & Designer Senior Member

Gotta love Triangulation with cell phones..xD

5. Kyle Porter

Kyle Porter Veteran Moderator Senior Member

No kidding. I just ordered LoJack. 4 years for $130 after taxes (no tax code from my dad's work).

4 years of protection and piece of mind for $130? It DEFINITELY will make me sleep better at night, considering i may enable WWAN and put in a SSD.

6. Grimnir

Grimnir Think tank & Designer Senior Member

It is definitely peace of mind. I still watch over my T5010 closely though. It just doesn't make sense to leave an almost $3,000 piece of equipment with a lot of important information on it just sitting around. I can't understand it.

I'd get lojack for my car even if I didn't know that people who steal cars know where they hide the lojack box XD

7. phuthanvinh

phuthanvinh Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you everyone very much for your advices, I will take them seriously for my future valuable things. I was very silly, I thought I locked my car, I thought two minutes stepping away from it (to pick up my food) and return would not be long enough for that guy to break in and look for what to steal, he proved me wrong, he was quicker than I thought.
    Speaking of lojack, what if the guy is smart enough to restore the whole system to get rid of the software, and not connect to the internet while he's doing that, would the company is still be able to track it down? Correct me if i'm wrong. Thank you.

8. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

I personally wouldn't bother with LoJack. Sure, it may get my property back, but it'll probably be damaged, which means I'll still have to make a claim on my insurance. That means I'd waste time and money getting a Lojack system when all I need is good insurance.

Now if I could get something like LoJack that lets me personally track down the thieves...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.