What will you do when someone stole your fujitsu?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by leaftye, Dec 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phuthanvinh

phuthanvinh Pen Pal - Newbie

HI guys, this incident happened in the middle of last semester, when I went back home from school, I left my car unlocked and some a**hole opened the door and stole my backpack which contained (calculator, books, my lv wallet with few hundred bucks in cash, credit and debit cards, my iphone and my gf's blackberry phone, and of course my babe Fujitsu t4200.) I loved that laptop so much because my mom bought it for me on my birthday in 2007, i only had it for a few months, wherever i'm always carried it with me. Since i lost it, i felt so depressing, not because the value of it but it's my mom's gift for me as it was the first time i personally owned a tablet pc. I immediately contacted the police, waited for "several" hours and they didn't even show up at the scene, had to go there for the report, but i guess they won't do anything. I called fujitsu and told the incident they got my serial numbers down but i guess they won't do anything much about it.

Imagine if it happens to you, what would you do or just let it go? Please share your opinion. I apologize if any of you find my story is pathetic or anything, i lost the most value thing of my life, i am still pissed eventho it's been almost a year now.

I'm buying the new T5010. What is your suggestion for the future security? Thank you all for participate in this thread

2. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

Well, I wouldn't leave anything valuable in my car....never have, and never plan to. I'm sure you found out that car insurance doesn't cover most things in your car. If my stuff got stolen, I'd take a claim out on my renters insurance policy. As soon as I found out it was stolen, I'd be placing an order on a replacement....if I didn't already have a spare at home.

Seriously though, you left all that stuff in your car, and didn't lock the door?!?

3. Kyle Porter

Kyle Porter Veteran Moderator Senior Member

See i really hope sometime in the future a gps enabled chip of some sort will allow me the piece of mind you are looking for. Like i have the bios password and such, just if it gets stolen i am screwed.

Sucks to hear this though. Feel sorry for you. I know i would be freaking out and pissed out of my mind if that happened to me.

4. Nyture

Nyture Scribbler - Standard Member

Isnt it possible to buy a GPS for computers now n days? Actually, I think theres a service called lojack thatll insure your laptop. They find it or pay you cash for a new one (From what I hear, they call in the FBI, CIA, S.W.A.T., the Marines, NASA, and a Coast Guard man to hunt the sucker down. I get the assumption they dont like handing out money)

5. Frank

Frank Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  6. Ricard

Ricard Pen Pal - Newbie

Do you have any positive experience with it in europe ? im from czech republic.

How it works ? they just tell you the position of ntb ? and then i must report it to police ? because i have experience that police in my country really doesnt support any new types of security things like this. Last time they stole me bike which costs around 1000euro. It was chipped and other things and when i call police. Than they tell me that they dont know anythig about these security marks so probably they do not check them when searching... i was shocked.....

So im thinking if it is useful .. for me

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  7. Frank

Frank Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Sorry, but I use none of the abovementioned services. To be honest I use no service at all :)
    The first should work everywhere, it's country independent. The second and third, don't know, maybe you ask them. Their website is in a few European languages available, so it's possible that they also offer a service for European countries, and maybe also the czech republic

8. Grimnir

Grimnir Think tank & Designer Senior Member

I have LoJack (3 years of it). I'd go with them simply because they guarantee that they'll recover your notebook or they'll get you another one (up to $1000 value with premium edition)

9. Dynafrom

Dynafrom Pen Pal - Newbie

I know theft cause one jackass tried to rip my laptop off the lock, so I decided to punch him straight in the teeth, and now the ******* has a crooked smile.

10. Seb656

Seb656 Fujitsu T2010 User

LoL, yeah I would probably kick the guy in the face. My T2010 is my baby.

I go to the University of Houston, which is located in the Third Ward (one of the roughest neighborhoods in the country). The police statistics I received at the beginning of the year clued me in on the dues and don'ts.

1. Never ever ever carry around cash if you don't have to. The only reason one needs cash is if they are buying something illegal, everywhere else takes a credit/debit card. If you are in a bad area large amount of cash make you an open target.

2. Always lock your car and double check its locked. While you may not leave anything valuable in it, someone might steal a stock car stereo (way to many crackheads near my school).

3. Don't let valuables out of your sight (unless they are at your residence). The leading cause of theft of valuables on my campus is someone leaving a backpack at a chair (or something similar) and walking off to go to the bathroom (or do whatever). I am sure that laptop was important to you, so with the next one make sure you treat it as if its your child (never out of your sight).

4. This last one is kinda a general bad area / night time security tip. Have a cell phone to call the cops, know how to defend yourself, and most of all carry yourself correctly. I have friends who have been messed with in the area I live. When I go out people don't look twice at me because I keep the "don't f with me" persona going on. If your not good at the former, just pretend to be crazy, that always works.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.