What will the windows 7 tablet addition be?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 7' started by FC1032, Jul 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FC1032

FC1032 Scribbler - Standard Member

Hello everyone,

I recently asked about a downloadable touch interface (think HP touch smart suite).

I was directed to Microsoft origami. And I must say its a great piece of tablet addition =)

So when windows 7 comes out, is there going to be a newer version of origami or will it be something along the lines of microsoft surface?

I look forward to win7, the RC ran very well... but i couldnt get screen rotation to work automatically =(

Thanks!

2. adam.mt

adam.mt Super Moderator Senior Member

Origami has been killed off by Microsoft so don't expect an update!

The standard interface is better suited to touch input now with Windows 7 and there will be an official 'Touch Pack' containing some prior Surface apps that OEMs can install - http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/wi...g-the-microsoft-touch-pack-for-windows-7.aspx

As for a complete interface replacement or media suite like Origami or HP Touch Smart Suite I think it will be a case of waiting for a third party app to offer this; Microsoft no longer consider it necessary now that they don't promote UMPCs (that was what Origami was designed for) and the whole of the Windows interface has been touch enabled in 7.

3. FC1032

FC1032 Scribbler - Standard Member

Hello adam.mt,

Thanks for the useful information!

Such a pity origami is killed off, it was an alright app but sure had a few bugs... like the screen orientation problem for me.

I look forward in using the surface apps! they look fun! But not sure if it would run cause i dont have multitouch =(

Thanks again =)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.