WHAT TABLET IS THIS?!? I might buy it!

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by daver, Oct 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jared2

jared2 Scribbler - Standard Member

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. Oracle

Oracle CompSci Robotics Graduate

looks like the M7 to me, but it's a 14.1"

3. Dark_Wolf

Dark_Wolf Pen Pal - Newbie

Looks exactly like an M400 to me.... In which case it's a 12.1" screen...

4. daver

daver Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

LOOKS like the M400, but doesn't have the specs:

*the T7600 did not come out in tablets 6 months ago, unless it was a custom ordered tablet
    *no Toshiba tablet has a 15" screen (but he could have mis-typed a "5" instead of "2")
    *why would anybody have a warranty with Microsoft on a tablet unless is an employee's computer, which would make it a Microsoft asset and therefore illegal
    *also regarding the warranty, why would a computer only have a warranty of 6 months? warranties are at least a year with computer manufacturers (unless it's different in the US)
    *Office 2003 rarely comes fully installed on a tabletélaptop unless it was ordered with the tablet, so you might want to check on this
    *also neither the M400 nor the M7 have titanium hinges, last time i read about them at least. even a Google search confirms this.

i would e-mail the guy and ask for exact specifications. if he gives you the same ones, there's something fishy about it.

6 months ago means that the tablet would likely have specs sort of like this:
    T2400/T2500/T5600/T7200
    512MB/1GB RAM
    80GB/100GB/120GB hard drive
    the RAM and hard drives may vary because these can be replaced/upgraded by the owner, but the processor is set in stone. if the owner really had bought a custom ordered tablet, he would not be selling it for that price unless he was rich as hell and just wanted to get rid of it. a tablet with those specs would cost easily $4000 through Toshiba Canada

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.