What tablet is right for me?

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by That1Guy, Nov 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. That1Guy

That1Guy Pen Pal - Newbie

Lol, Thanks for the non-help you two.... Maybe I should rephrase my question and ask elsewhere? Atleast Agent was serious and didn't just talk crap about me. And I already said I would probably break a DIY thing so that wasn't an option.... Still wondering if you guys know of any other draw on display things that connect to a desktop instead of being their own notebook. I'd appreciate some more help instead of people just calling me a spammer/advertiser. I have nothing to do with Yiynova or Wacom or W/e DIY kit that guy mentioned. Right now my choices are the Yiynova stuff and a used wacam 15x because they can plug into my desktop and are in the price range. But I'm still wondering if there is any other brand that might be cheaper than wacom but more know than yiynova. And has anybody had a bad experience with a used wacom? or any experience with yiynova?

2. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Ignore Shog, dude. We know your not a spammer.
    I think they are just having a bit of fun...
    I agree your choices are limited in the department your looking at.
    In another post on here, Shog mentioned you can dual screen with certain older cintiq's with any tablet PC on the market (using the same pen on both screens). So, if you go the used Wacom cintiq 15x route, (which I think you should) you'll be half way to the perfect setup in my opinion. Maybe later down the road you could get a fujitsu t5010 or something of the like, and then you'd be set. A portable drawing solution, and a cintiq that can go hand in hand with your tablet, or simply be hooked up to your desktop for the 3-D stuff.
    After a bunch of research, thats what I'm saving to do, save up for fujitsu T901 with Nvidia option, and buy a used cintiq to compliment it with more screen real estate at home.

Also, I finally found a bit of an artist review on yiynova 19" tablet on youtube, but can't say it looks very good. wierd horizontal lines appearing when he draws quick... Yiynova 19" LCD Tablet Mini Review - YouTube

How long till Wacoms patent runs out on their precious battery-less tech?? I'd love to see some decent competition for them to drive prices down on that stuff.

3. That1Guy

That1Guy Pen Pal - Newbie

I was actually going to get a t901 but instead I put together my desktop lol. I already had a laptop so I thought having a desktop for all the games I play would work better. The guy said that was only for photoshop but that still is an annoying issue. The pen on two screens does sound nice though, and the cintiq would work on my desktop so I think that might be my best bet to get a used one then maybe a tablet pc after. Are there any cheap tablet pc's or slates that can do reading and writing easily? That way it would still be off my desk and I can just use the cintiq for the other stuff.

4. jbenham

jbenham Pen Pal - Newbie

Oh good, you have a sense of humor. You will do well here.:cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.