what stylus on t4010 with ubuntu

Discussion in 'Linux on Tablet PC Forum' started by SimsHsia, Sep 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aussiedwarf

aussiedwarf Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi, I recently bought a second hand lifebook t4010. Unfortunately it did not come with a stylus or a OS. I have put ubuntu on (hardy) and that seems to be working (mostly). My problem is I am not sure what type of stylus I can purchase that will work. From what I understand some for the wacom ones might do like the ones listed on this page.

Will any of these wacom ones work or just specific ones. Do I need to go for the original pen of the tablet? Also, if I can go for a wacom, which one will fit in the slot (if any).

I have also been trying to set things up to go with this documentation. I have screen rotation working but when it comes up to setting up the pen (for when I get it) I cant seem to find serial.conf. I installed setserial but serial.conf is not to be found. How can I find/make it?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

Hi aussiedwarf,

Sorry for the belated reply. Anyone of those stylus pens listed in the post you linked will work -- as long as it says WACOM PENABLED it will be supported by your Tablet PC. :)

As for the serial.conf, I've only had a little dab of Ubuntu on my Tablet PC, but didn't get so far as to getting the Wacom digitizer to work as I was just experimenting around with different OS installations. I'll leave that to current Linux Fujitsu Tablet users to answer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.