What software do you plan to use on your HP Slate 500?

Discussion in 'HP Slate' started by jgjackson, Nov 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DuayneI

DuayneI Pen Pal - Newbie

Full version of Adobe® Acrobat® software is required (versions 6, 7, 8, 9, 10). This software will not work with free Adobe Acrobat® Reader®. PDF Annotator and Jarnal work as stand alone products.

2. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

"and seems to integrate with my Acrobat 9." Yep ... that's the whole idea. I have been looking for something to use Acrobat so that forms and the like could be filled-out using a pen. I don't think you can pull up a PDF form (or use one on-line) with annotator or Jarnal and fill it out using a pen but have the form filled out in type.

Since virtually all court e-filing is now done in PDF, I would like the capability to fill-out case information statements and other on-line forms for filing legal documents. I don't think annotator can do this. I think something like this is my only option other than upgrading to Acrobat pro (almost $200 upgrade).

Has anyone used this?

Bronsky:cool:

3. Bigmouth

Bigmouth Pen Pal - Newbie

4. Bigmouth

Bigmouth Pen Pal - Newbie

5. DaveP

DaveP Scribbler - Standard Member

I use their free version (which does not support ink annotations). From my experience the quality of the software is equal to any in the "free" PDF world and the features exceed many paid products. You get far more than a "reader" with the free version, despite the name. I would be interested in someone's feedback on the pro version. It's currently on my list of things to buy eventually.

6. houseofboyd

houseofboyd Pen Pal - Newbie

Ok, currently running the following...besides default installed software

1. Orb
    2. Teamviewer
    3. Song Vegas Studio Platimum 10 HD (runs great on Slate)
    4. Quicktime
    5. iTunes
    6. Adobe: Photoshop CS4, Bridge, Device Central, Drive, Reader
    7. Slingmedia SlingPlayer
    8. Autodesk SketchBook Pro 2011
    9. CCleaner
    10. MS Security Essentials
    11. MS Office 2007

Also using a Rii Bluetooth keyboard/mouse combo (love it, works great with my iPhone as well)
    Still waiting on my HP USB Optical Drive (almost 6 weeks):mad:

Desktop gadgets: talking clock, driveinfo, ibattery, wifi monitor

7. thadwald

thadwald Scribbler - Standard Member

So is there no free PDF annotator that supports inking and filling out forms?

I wish MS Word could open and edit PDFs.

8. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

Nitro PDF has notes (not ink) and the ability to fill out forms and is free...

9. Doggie

Doggie Scribbler - Standard Member

I use pdf annotator and yes you can write anywhere on a pdf--thus you can easily fill in forms. Much cheaper that having to adobe pro plus autoink and works well on the slate.

there is also a way to increase margins and keep same pagination to allow for more annotations in margins of documents.

10. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

I tried PDF Annotator for its 30 day trial period. It is a good program but, I already had a copy of Acrobat, which we use as a standard document tool in our practice. I tried a few other options but when I installed Autoink a month ago, the smooth integration with Adobe and the near flawless inking (not duplicated by any other editor), sold me on the program. Plus, if you already have Acrobat, Autoink is only $49. I think PDF annotator is a stand alone program, but it costs $20 more. IMO, Autoink is a far better professional solution for a slate user if you already use Acrobat. If you don't have Acrobat, stand-alone programs like Annotator are the obvious choice.

Bronsky:cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.