What sleeves do ya'll use?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by drshakawa, Aug 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drshakawa

drshakawa Pen Pal - Newbie

Jus getting ready to head back to school, which means I'm gonna be transporting my laptop places so I was wondering where I could find a good sleeve for mt tx2500.

2. Kyle Porter

Kyle Porter Veteran Moderator Senior Member

I recommend just getting a notebook backpack. Cheap and can be used to carry textbooks too.

3. pattertj

pattertj Tablet Tweaker

I am having trouble finding one to fit my x61t due to it's dimensions. Waterfield's are nice, but very expensive.

I think I am going to get a TimBuk2 laptop messenger since I graduate in a year and will probobly continue to use it for carry-on luggage, work, etc. after school is over. Plus it would only be $50 more than the sleeve from Waterfield and could be reused on other laptops/tablets over time.

4. PCgirl

PCgirl Pen Pal - Newbie

I use the Incase 13" sleeve with handles (and shoulder strap) originally made for the MacAir and Powerbook, I believe. It fits like a regular sleeve but has pockets and the straps/handles. Love the plush interior.

5. drshakawa

even iff i got a laptop bag, i'd want a sleeve for my tablet jus incase i decide to carry it by itself which i do from time to time

6. bored2426

bored2426 Pen Pal - Newbie

7. Crito

Crito Scribbler - Standard Member

Only thing I don't like about HP echo sleeve is the metal zipper. Flips to the inside which scratches up the top. And a plastic zipper would have been more airport-security-friendly too. According to a recent USA Today story:
    SOURCE: http://www.usatoday.com/travel/flights/2008-07-06-laptops_N.htm

8. drshakawa

interesting, that's a good thing to look out for, and yea i definitely dont want a case that would scratch up my laptop

9. rlopez

rlopez Pen Pal - Newbie

From what Ive read the incase 13" sleeves for the macbook is the way to go. Im not sure if it matters if you have a 6 cell or 8 cell. I think it will fit either so thats good. I would definitely say get this, Im planning on getting it once I actually get my tx2500.

10. BerkleyJ

BerkleyJ Pen Pal - Newbie

I bought a case logic 13" from newegg (CHEAP!) and it fits perfect with 6-cell or 4-cell i dont know about the 8-cell. really nice and no zipper! HERE

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.