what should i get for my T5010??

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by gsxr824, Oct 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gsxr824

gsxr824 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey guys I'm new to this TPC thing. My tablet is on the way!

I just want to know, what's the first essential accessories I need for my T5010?

I use it for portable art. I really want a 18sx grip pen first and need the 4 GB ram. Anything else?

2. Frank

Frank Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Larger HDD, some sort of tablet stand which allows you to slightly tilt the tablet, maybe a modular bay battery for longer battery life, a better than the Fujitsu screen protector if you plan to use one, a tft cleaner solution, because you'll have to clean the display almost daily if you use the tablet often in slate mode, a good case to carry your tablet. Don't know what you prefer, a back back or bump case.

3. frog

frog Scribbler - Standard Member

Essential accessories for an artist:

Cintiq 18 or 15 grip pen is nice, especially if you are already used to using the Intuos pens. Pretty expensive though, I thought it was worthwhile - however the stock pen is usable.

A small bluetooth keyboard, and a mouse, can't live without these.

A decent screen protector, I use Photodon.

A stand, I use a Kensington one so that the tablet is up at a nice angle to draw on.

A bag if you plan on taking it anywhere. I have a targus one, but there's plenty of choice.

Make sure you read the sticky thread on unlocking secondary landscape, it's my favourite screen orientation for drawing and painting (on the stand), and also install the latest Intel graphics drivers to get OpenGL working in Photoshop.

4. gsxr824

gsxr824 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks guys

I'm trying to pick up a 18sx grip pen, but its sold out everywhere. If anyone got any good links where I can buy this pen it would be great.

I think my first buy will be ram, pen, screen protector and a sleeve.

I will probably get a SSD for xmas.

I got an interesting question for battery....

Since the 2nd battery Bay is like much smaller capacity, like 3800? I also believe it to be more expensive?

Would it be wise to buy an extra high capacity at 5800? I would get more mileage?

5. Wufbam

Wufbam Pen Pal - Newbie

It depends...

They're around the same price. If you don't mind lugging around a second battery and shutting down to swap them after a few hours, then an extra battery is probably more bang for your buck. That's also the only option if you actually need to use the optical drive. On the other hand, the modular battery is very convenient and generally provides more than enough juice.

For the record, main + modular usually gives me close to 9 hours (with CPU dynamically underclocked, wireless off, and screen brightness at the second lowest setting).

6. frog

frog Scribbler - Standard Member

It's discontinued, so it could be hard to find. The 15SX is an alternative, it's pretty much identical.

7. gsxr824

gsxr824 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks again!

I have ordered my 15sx grip pen. I want to get a photodon screen, but which one should I get for painting and sketch? I want to get a more pen and paper feel or more like a cintiq feel over a drawing on glass...

8. Darak

Darak <This space for rent PST>

Check out GottaBeMobile's Screen Protector Shootout. They tested a pretty good amount of different protectors and ranked them in various categories. Note that you should read the individual reviews since a couple of the high ranked ones have a glass feel while others have a pen on paper feel.

EDIT: Some of the links on the page may be outdated (specifically the ones in the ranked list, the See Also section still seems to work), so you may have to search for the specific article or try to figure out what the link should be.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  9. freedomeagle

freedomeagle Pen Pal - Newbie

Both of the Photodon screen protectors have a great feel for drawing on. More of a "tooth" than a normal screen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.