What Pen are you using? (EA800)

Discussion in 'Asus (Android)' started by thescreensavers, Jul 30, 2011.

1. BlacKnight

BlacKnight Scribbler - Standard Member

You might get a better response asking this in the Fujitsu forum. I think the fujitsu lifebook T5010 is a tablet PC, so any "penabled" pen should be compatible with it. This post gives some information about tablet PC compatible pens. This post gives some information about cheaper alternative pens.

This ebay shop from Hong Kong sells the Gateway pen, and says it ships worldwide (including Spain). This is the cheapest pen I have seen on sale in the UK. I bought one of these (for a different seller on ebay). The pen has an eraser on top, and a side button. The pen is a little short (120mm overall) for my preferance, but it's cheap :eek:.

For art work you might want to get some replacement felt tips. These give a bit more friction, which I think feels more natural. You can also scavenge a silicon grip from the barrel of a cheap ball-point pen and slip it over the pen. This can improve the grip.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. pakojones

pakojones Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you very much for the links BlacKnight

I had read every page of this post and all the links before asking, but they did not work well because the auctions where ended, this you sent to me is perfect and very cheap: D
    I will look for the tips too, it had not yet occurred me but a bit of friction will be nice to give more feeling of pencil.
    In your experience with this pen, gives good feeling the pressure sensor and all that when drawing? (apart from being a bit short as you mention)

Thanks again

3. BlacKnight

I haven't used this pen ("Gateway" UP-7114E-69A) much for drawing, because I have other pens which are more comfortable to hold. But I have done some tests and I confirm that this pen gives the same range of pressure sensitivity as my other tablet PC pens. I have tried drawing with this pen, and the pressure sensitivity seems better at the low end (compared to my other pens) which I like.

Note that the side button is a single button (button 1 only); not a double button (buttons 1 and 2). Some people like to use double buttons, but I don't usually use the side buttons so it's OK for me.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2012
  4. pakojones

pakojones Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks a lot!
    I'm going to ask in the fujitsu forums as you recommended me for ensure it is compatible with the T5010 and I will buy one.
    Thank you very much for your help and I take note that it has only one side button, is a detail to consider. :)

5. kropler

kropler Pen Pal - Newbie

After I've changed ts.conf file and rebooted the device it became not to respond the pen. So I needed to telnet the device and replace the default file ts.conf. Now everything works as it did but still I can't change the pressure threshold value.
    Any ideas?.. May be the code that you've written has a mistake?

6. BlacKnight

Sometimes there are problems depending on how you edit the file. Windows and Linux use different line terminators, so if you edit the file on a windows system it will usually fail on Linux. Unless you use an "intelligent" editor like Notepad++.

7. MaxPower

MaxPower Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello Shodan,

the file doesnt work. I cant unpack it correctly, there are some errors.
    Maybe you can upload it again, please

greetings from germany

8. MaxPower

OK, my mistake. WinRAR was the reason. But....how can i find the pscale module? Where is it?

9. MaxPower

OK, got it :eek:

Thanks to BlackNight and SHODAN, now this its blazing fast and super responsive.

All the other students ask me, what that device ist, it´s so funny:D

10. MaxPower

It´s me.....again....

Maybe someone has a clue.

The tweak of SHODAN worked the first time very well.

Since i have forgotten to charge the battery a couple of days ago, it doesnt work anymore.

But the strange thing is, i have made a full reset and installed it again---without a positive result.

Maybe someone knows why?