What Pen are you using? (EA800)

Discussion in 'Asus (Android)' started by thescreensavers, Jul 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T_B

T_B Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks! Tested and works very responsive with the Asus pen, but also with my Gateway E-155 E-155C Wacom Executive Stylus Pen I bought from ebay.

2. Toasty_Ohs

Toasty_Ohs Pen Pal - Newbie

The command to change the pen sampling rate does not seem to be working for me. Do I need to be in a certain directory in order for the command to work?

I am using the consoleq program on the note itself.

As far as I can tell, I have the latest firmware and the Mar 25 11 fullinstall from freenote.org.

Thanks.

3. Jamie-B

Jamie-B Scribbler - Standard Member

4. Toasty_Ohs

Toasty_Ohs Pen Pal - Newbie

OK, making progress.

I had to put in a space between the ./ and wac_tch

I put in the command, and now get a message that says "Permission denied"

Using what little linux-foo I know, I prefixed the command with sudo, but that didn't work.

Thanks for the photo, but I cannot view anything from photobucket or flicker. Imgur works fine.

5. jeffgtx

jeffgtx Pen Pal - Newbie

I get the permission denied message as well on the console program.

i am running 1.0.14.118

any suggestions?

Second question... does anyone know of a digitizer/ink pen combo unit that works with the EEE note. I find myself constantly without a pen now and if i need to sign something on paper i reach for a digitizer that certainly won't help me there! it's kind of funny.

Thanks

Jeff

6. andy840119

andy840119 Pen Pal - Newbie

ThinkPad X201t.........O
    axiotron wacom pen...O
    Fujitsu T900.............O
    Acer C300................O
    that's the whole i know

7. sezat

sezat Pen Pal - Newbie

I have bought the Fujitsu pen with 3 buttons. first button used for straight lines and top button is for eraser. my question is about the second button. Is there a way to configure this button as eraser? because sometimes when I press it, it can be used as eraser but not always mostly it does nothing. but there must be a way to use it as eraser since it transforms itself to eraser button when it wants?!? I could not figure out how it decides to be eraser button itself.

8. BlacKnight

BlacKnight Scribbler - Standard Member

This creates a lot of confusion. The problem is that there aren't enough status bits to uniquely identify all the buttons, so one bit is shared between button 2 and the eraser. The pen driver then "guesses" whether you're pressing button 2 or using the eraser. The guess is based on the state on the buttons when the pen first comes into proximity with the screen. If button 2 is pressed (and held on) before the pen comes into proximity then the driver assumes it's the eraser. That's why you see the eraser cursor. But if you press button 2 after the pen is in proximity then the driver assumes you're using button 2 and not the eraser.

To answer your question, then, hold button 2 down before bringing the pen into proximity with the screen. It should act as an eraser.

9. sezat

sezat Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks a lot for the help. Now I can use the second button as eraser.

10. pakojones

pakojones Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi
    First of all im not a regular forums user, sorry if this is not the correct thread for this.
    I'm from Spain, sorry for my english but ill do my best for explain me :D

I´m new in this little world of tablet pcs and I picked up a fujitsu lifebook T5010 on ebay recently but it has no pen, and discovered after looking in this forum the pens are compatible between devices.
    The use of the pc is a little draw and school, and need a pen as cheap as possible (student budget, you know) but usable decently for photoshop or other painting software, if works well doesn't matter used or new.

I looked on ebay but I don´t know well the compatibility list with the T5010 and is hard to search anything diferent.
    I readed in some post about a compatibility thread in the forum but can't find it, can someone link me some kind of pen compatibility list with the T5010? Are all the pens of fujitsu lifebook series compatible between them? Some recomendation?

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.