What Pen are you using? (EA800)

Discussion in 'Asus (Android)' started by thescreensavers, Jul 30, 2011.

1. thescreensavers

thescreensavers Pen Pal - Newbie

I know some people are not using the Pens that came with the EA-800

So what pen(s) are you guys/Gals using? Do you find it better then the Stock Pen that came with the EA800?

2. sarah11918

sarah11918 Pen Pal - Newbie

I use the Motion Computing L-series pen. The stock pen isn't bad, but a little short.

3. Ramses800

Ramses800 Template Trickster

I went with Jesse B Anderssons recommendation of using a Fujitsu LifeBook pen and truly, it makes a world of difference compared to using the stock pen.

4. TheTwo

TheTwo Scribbler - Standard Member

Hi,

I'm using the Fujitsu Livebook pen for T5010, too. I'm very pleased with it.

TheTwo

5. lyingmachine

lyingmachine Pen Pal - Newbie

hi, I have a question.
    as you may know, writing on the edge of the eeenote is not very precise. I would like to ask, if it preforms better when you're using the new pen? If so, i would consider to buy one.
    thanks in advance.
    LM

6. TheTwo

Hello,

At the edges, it is better but not perfect.

When using the eraser of the pen the eee Note sometimes stuck at the eraser or draws lines even with the eraser. So I use the second button or the menu at the top to switch between pen and eraser.

TheTwo

7. Bzz

Bzz Pen Pal - Newbie

I use the stock pen, but i put a rubber grip on it, from a spent pilot ballpoint pen.
    works great, but could use an eraser and some buttons :p

8. monter

monter Pen Pal - Newbie

i use my hp touchsmart stock pen - it's a bit longer the the asus one. also noticed that asus stock pen uses only half of preasure. it can be greatly seen if you choose flow pen and draw the line with the full preasure you can. the one drawn with hp's pen is twice wider ;-)

9. domee

domee Pen Pal - Newbie

does a longer pen (e.g. the fujitsu one) still fit in the slot for the stock pen?

10. TheTwo

No. You have to put it into the slot in the case.

TheTwo

11. sarah11918

No, the slot is pretty much exactly the same size as the stock pen. (At least, my motion computing pen is both too wide and too long for the slot.)

12. domee

domee Pen Pal - Newbie

alright, thanks :)

13. blurymind

blurymind Pen Pal - Newbie

just got a toshiba one... its pretty nice :)

14. thescreensavers

Anyone know if I could try out any of these pens?

The one that came with my Ea800 is alright, How much better could a 50 buck pen be? I have no idea lol

15. sarah11918

To me, the real difference is just in how comfortable it is to hold a full-sized pen.

So just compare it to a good, regular-length, slightly thicker pen. The question is, do you prefer writing with that more than the almost golf-pencil length pen that comes with the Eee Note enough that you'd pay $30 - $50 for it?

I don't find the other pens to be any more or less responsive. It's all about what you're more comfortable holding and writing with. The included pen is actually pretty good compared to say the Entourage Edge's standard pen, which is really quite thin and more the length of a golf pencil. I find that I *always* use my replacement pen with the Edge, but often, I'm happy enough with the Eee Note's own pen to use it. It's a tad short compared to a normal pen, but otherwise, it's not bad at all.

16. thescreensavers

^ I see

I just tried some writing tests..ect Yea the Pen that comes with it is way to skinny for my, I took a gel grip off one of my cheap pens to beef it up but still a bit too skinny.

I usually write with Uniball Jetstream pens. Any of these replacement pens similar in size with these?

17. niftytablets

niftytablets Pen Pal - Newbie

You might like the Motion Computing LE1600 Pen (PROVANTAGE: Motion Computing 504.500.01 LE1600 & LS800 Series Additional Digitzer Pen). It has a diameter of slightly over 1cm. I have always liked the feel of it and I also prefer thicker pens. Please note that I do not yet have my Eee Note, so I can NOT confirm if the above pen works with the Eee Note (though in theory it should). The above is probably the same pen that Sarah reports using successfully (http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/asus-eee-line/43517-what-pen-you-using-ea800.html#post246398).

Since I've got weeks to wait for the arrival of my Eee Note, I don't suppose you could post the diameter of the included pen (just to tide me over)?

:)

18. thescreensavers

The pen that comes with it is a triangle

The Motion L Pen actually was the one I been eyeing at since it looks good, it measures in at 0.43 inches in diameter(on line source)

Here are some measurements, They are not 100% accurate because of the limitation with my flexible tape measure.

The Uni Ball Pen is .39-.437 inches Diameter
    A Normal Dixon Ticonderoga Pencil is .278-.318
    The Stylus SP-50(The one that comes with the Eee Note) is .318 -.358

Since the SP-50 is triangle shaped, the way I am measuring it is not that accurate. Its going to be a bit higher then the numbers I stated, and it is as feels a bit thicker then the pencil.

[​IMG]

19. sarah11918

Yes, the L-series pen is the one I have.

Here's a pic of the Motion stylus compared to a thick mechanical pencil and a stick ball point pen.

[​IMG]

And here's the included, (short, triangular) stylus next to the Motion Computing stylus, shown beside the stylus holder of the EEE Note's case.

[​IMG]

(Click to enlarge)

Note that I actually DO keep the big stylus in the slot now, but it's stretched to the limit to hold it. But it works fine. It only holds about half the length of the pen, but it is in no danger of falling out.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  20. thescreensavers