What operating system are you using on your T4220?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by bearfox, Jan 19, 2008.

?

What operating system do you use on your T4220?

1. Windows XP (Tablet Ed.) - a Fujitsu factory default

13 vote(s)
    21.3%
  2. Windows 2000

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Vista Home x86

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Vista Business x86 - a Fujitsu factory default

32 vote(s)
    52.5%
  5. Vista Ultimate x86

3 vote(s)
    4.9%
  6. Vista Home x64

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Vista Business x64

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  8. Vista Ultimate x64

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  9. Ubuntu

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  10. Other linux distro

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  11. Windows Codename "7"

7 vote(s)
    11.5%
  12. Other operating system not listed here (reply, if possible).

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Freeman

Freeman Scribbler - Standard Member

Not me, but, I could still be whining and complain about the BeOS, and OSX86(illegal of course), Win9X, and etc.

PS: I think the early expectation of Win7 Release is 2010, cuz Vista is a big flop.
    But don't think that Win7 is will be a big change. It will pretty much be Vista with all the feature they promised at the beginning and maybe UI change.

2. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

Very well then, how's the poll now? :D

Agreed, but I certainly hope that Microsoft doesn't rush the development of Windows 7 or else it will also be another flop.

3. bearfox

bearfox Pen Pal - Newbie

I would have put more OS options on the survey, but I could only add a maximum of 10. ;)

What is the stage of development of Windows 7 right now other than the stripped down MinWin core? At last Microsoft has acknowledged by their own actions the bloat, dependencies and insane resource requirements of their products. How can a quad core with Vista run like Ubuntu on a Pentium class machine? One interesting idea I saw in a forum post would be if MS decided to go with a *nix kernel as did Apple. Not that this will ever happen.

4. Deanhosh

Deanhosh Scribbler - Standard Member

Vista Ultimate works great for me. The ultimate part is probably not needed, but the Vista part with the hand writting recognition and the Voice recognition combined with the new indexing is what makes this machine superior to a regular laptop.

Vista is a really significant upgrade on the internals. Understanding that makes it less painful an upgrade.

Also Acronis disk imaging tool is a great way to create and keep a clean image. When running Xp I have has about 2times more "bit rot" where I need to do a clean install. Vista seems more stable in the longer run.

-Cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.