What is with these problems in Windows 10?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by MosquitoSmasher, Aug 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MosquitoSmasher

MosquitoSmasher Scribbler - Standard Member

I am seriously considering to go back to Windows 8.1 for my Microsoft Surface Pro, cause Windows 10 honestly has been giving me more problems and stress than actually being a real upgrade or improvement.

After clean installing Windows 10, things were fast. MS Edge or other browser loaded up quickly, no strange delays when typing messages in forums or simply when searching for things on Google. But now all of a sudden i have:

1- When i am on this forum or several other forums, it can't keep up with my typing, there's this incredibly annoying delay when i type messages, never ever did i have this nonsense in Windows 8.1 Happens in MS Edge, Chrome, Chrome Canary, etc. Eventually it gets so bad that i simply can't type anymore, cause the delay is insane.

2- In MS Edge when loading certain websites like Vodafone's for example, it loads the page and then it locks up for like a minute, i can't do anything, when that happens it's like MS Edge just freezes and this happens for every page on those sites. Incredibly annoying.

3- On this forum and others...out of the blue it just freezes, i see the blue circle rotating and i can't do anything, other than just wait for it to go away.

4- In general out of the blue things have become more slow. Now i know that browsers other than IE, IE Metro and Edge for some reason run rather laggy on my Surface Pro, but this is just crazy. Since MS removed IE Metro in Windows 10 and me loving those touch-based gestures, i decided to install Chrome Canary, but it just runs sooooo damn laggy. Whether i click a link, type stuff, swipe up/down, it's insanely laggy.

What could this be?

2. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

I see the freezing on this site as well, it appears to be caused by two processes used here, one is the how the site saves drafts of posts and the 3rd Party Ad Server.

3. MosquitoSmasher

MosquitoSmasher Scribbler - Standard Member

Yeah exactly. The draft saving is doing it i noticed that too. Is there something i can do about it? I tried it with Chrome as well.

The other forum that is very laggy is www.unionvgf.com

ALso other things seem very laggy in Windows 10 now. Typing something in the Cortana search bar seems laggy. Maybe the first Surface Pro is just not meant for Windows 10;

Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.