What is TX2's 500gb hdd model number

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TX2 (N-trig)' started by kingofmyworld324, Oct 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kingofmyworld324

kingofmyworld324 Pen Pal - Newbie

I bought the tx2500z with the cheapest, smallest hdd because I knew I would want to upgrade in the future. It seems that I got a seagate drive and I am impressed at how quiet it is but I must admit that its pretty slow for me.

I was wondering what brand or model the tx2's 500gb hdd is. I know its 5400rpm but I was just wondering if it is as quiet at the one I have. The one I have can't be heard over the system fan except for some parking sounds.

All the laptop drive reviews on Newegg state that while many of the new drives are fast, they are also hot and loud.

Thanks

ps, I cant afford an ssd

2. hellonwheels

hellonwheels Pen Pal - Newbie

i have the 7200 rpm 500G seagate... The 2500z fan is loud, so I can't hear the drive at all.

3. kingofmyworld324

Thanks, so its a seagate 5400rpm right? Can you do me a huge favor and go to your device manager and tell me the model number; for example, my 160gb hdd is ST9160827AS. I'm just interested to know what it is. Thanks.

4. hellonwheels

5. kingofmyworld324

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  6. 970261

970261 Scribbler - Standard Member

have a 7200 RPM Seagate in mine as well (on my tx2500 that i happen to leave on for days now lol) and i haven't experienced lock-ups or crashes.

Heat's not a problem at all surprisingly even when i fully load it, the CPU undervolting helps tons (the program is here on the forums somewhere) since it shares the same airway as the GPU and HDD.

A tip would be to fully format ANY HDD/SSD upon installing it before doing anything to clear it of bad sectors.

7. kingofmyworld324

Thanks for the response. I think its down to the 7200rpm Seagate or Western Digital at this point.

8. hellonwheels

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.