what is this?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by sonrisa, Aug 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LxMike

LxMike X61 Canadian Owner

The question is will the screen protector make the writing experiance better or not. I have a wacom graphic pad and I notice a special relief on the writing space to simulate the touche of a real paper, but I notice the same screen treatment on T4215's sceen. So will the screen protector make the screen loose its gripe

2. MichaelH99

MichaelH99 Pen Pal - Newbie

There are as many answers to the question of "better" as there are people.

For me, I've found that I don't even notice the protector is there. I'm using the stock ones that came with my T4215 and at first thought it felt kind of odd and springy. I quickly got used to it and it feels "normal" to me now.

3. kureshii

kureshii Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I've never heard of a screen protector that can make a stylus lose its 'grip'...

I like the smooth feel of the stylus vs paper. If I felt any sort of graininess on the screen I'd be rather freaked - the last time a grain of dirt got caught under the stylus tip as I was writing, the screen protector ended up with highly visible squiggles on screen. But I am using an overhead transparency, of course... I don't think the more expensive screen protectors should scratch as easily.

If anything, I'd say writing on a smooth screen protector feels like writing on glass with a ballpoint. A little weird at first, but give it a few days and you'll be a fish in water.

4. Rieuk

Rieuk Scribbler - Standard Member

No no, I meant graininess in relation to the viewability of the display - it is common opinion (some say it is actually a fact which is probably true but I can't say for sure) that the 'anti-glare' paper coating is responsible for this graininess.

5. kureshii

kureshii Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Ah, I was answering LxMike's concern...

In your case, are you using the Indoor or Indoor/Outdoor screen?

6. willember

willember Pen Pal - Newbie

7. sonrisa

sonrisa Pen Pal - Newbie

It sure would have been nice of them to include some directions on how to apply the screen protectors. I had thought the thin sticky film was supposed to go on the screen. I couldn't figure how how the other part would stay put. I thought I'd ruined them since I couldn't get the sticky part on without bubbles and ended up wrinkling both sheets.

After reading that there are supposed to be three parts, I took a look at them again, and I'll be darned, the thicker piece comes apart. That was a lot easier than I was trying to make it.

The texture is slightly different, but nothing I can't get used to. It does seem to make the screen just a smidge fuzzier, but again, it's easy to get used to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.