What is the deal with tx2500 autorotate?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by ave0000, Sep 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. number2jcb

number2jcb Pen Pal - Newbie

I seem to remember that when I pulled my laptop out of the box and booted it up, that the screen automatically rotated when I had the monitor in tablet position. I am not talking about the 180 degree rotation when you snap it in place, I am talking about when I held it in my hands and actually moved it, it would rotate the screen. Did I dream this? I saved my original installation and created a fresh install 4 times and I have never had this feature work again. It also doesn't work in the original installation anymore. Did I mess this up somehow?
    Was it never there and I just imagined it?
    Is there an accelerometer in these machines?
    Is this a vista 64 issue?

I have searched the forum and have seen discussions about the 4200 and ibms about this, but according to the sticky auto rotate should just work.

2. atom

atom Pen Pro - Atomic Member

The HP (and most tablets) have either one or two rotation schemes.

1.) Rotates the screen to a certain orientation when in tablet mode.
    2.) Rotates the screen to a certain orientation when it tablet mode according to the orientation of which you are holding the tablet

Yes

Should not be.

3. Parjoe

Parjoe Pen Pal - Newbie

You sure there's an accelerometer in the tx2000/2500?

I've never had the screen automatically rotate according to the way I'm holding it.

4. number2jcb

So I am not crazy, this is good. I thought it was so cool. Do you think that I am missing registry settings or something? The order of the screen rotations by button press are ok for me. Do I need Quickplay installed? Hardware driver missing?

5. nigel

nigel Pen Pal - Newbie

I would like to know how to make it auto rotate too. I have a tx2500z, and I never see it auto rotate according to how I hold it. I can't even set it to rotate only 90degree when it's in tablet mode.

6. zeromeus

zeromeus Pen Pal - Newbie

I've NEVER seen my screen auto-rotate either. It only rotates 180 degrees when I change from NB mode to tablet mode... never changes by itself when I rotate the tablet to hold it like a tablet.

7. Dojomann

Dojomann Convertible Converter

Wait, what? That doesn't happen at all with my tx2000.

8. Juice

Juice Pen Pal - Newbie

I've never seen it either :/

If these do have an accelerometer, then I'd love to get some kind of driver to make it work for me...

I just did some quick googling and all I could find that mentioned tx2000 and accelerometer in the same sentence was this:

"@scoobie: Judging from the specs, the M700 looks on par with the TX2000, but the M700 has a few bells and whistles not included in the TX2000, such as the accelerometer and “Sleep-and-Charge” USB ports. Also, the Toshiba is a business oriented machine, while the HP is solidly consumer targeted. Thus, I would expect more crapware on the HP, which subsidizes the price. In general though, I think the TX2000 is the better deal."

http://www.gottabemobile.com/CES2008TheToshibaM700TabletPC.aspx

If your referring to the quick launch button not rotating the screen after a fresh install then you will need to install the quicklaunch drivers:
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...uct=3658348&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us#

Then replace the MCSVActn.dll, which is located in C:\program files\Hewlett-packard\HP Quicklaunch buttons\

Which you can download here:
    http://www.aluminumwrench.com/mirror/MCSVActn.zip
    (apparently this doesn't apply to the tx2500)

reference: http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/showthread.php?t=16267

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
  9. R1C47

R1C47 Scribbler - Standard Member

where did you read that?
    I don't remember being mentioned anywhere that the tx2500 had an accelerometer.

10. number2jcb

So the verdict is that I imagined this functionality...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.