What happened to the TX2635US??

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by whdigital, Mar 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whdigital

whdigital Pen Pal - Newbie

Just registered here tonight, but have been lurking for awhile and appreciate all the good info BTW....

So, after reading up here I decided to go ahead with the 2635 which has been such a deal lately and I log in to Newegg to pull the trigger and find it pulled from the site. Google shows it discontinued almost everywhere. Is there a replacement coming? I'm not sure I'm as thrilled about the 1020 due to what others have said about the screen. :(

I feel really stupid I didn't buy last week when I was pretty convinced - or did I just get lucky for not doing so?!

2. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

the replacement was the tx2, which isn't really a replacement since HP has moved from the wacom digitizers to the Ntrig digitizer.

If you intend to just do note taking type tasks for example the ntrig is a worthy candidate, but if you intend to do graphicalled related tasks that require pressure sensitivity in programs like photoshop etc, then the ntrig digitizer model tablets are not for you & you should likely consider another model.

The tx2500 & tx2600 have been discontinued for some time now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.