What draws you to Fujitsu?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Grimnir, May 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kureshii

kureshii Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Well, sounds like a T42XX would be near-ideal then. And you can always add the bay battery if you need more battery life.

2. brvdboss

brvdboss Scribbler - Standard Member

I got my T4220 because it was the only tablet with high end processing capabilities (2.4GHz Core2Duo), very battery life with the option of a modular battery which gives me 6+ hours and has a 12" SXGA+ screen. There's currently only one Tablet/convertible which can offer this.
    And it got good reviews on top of that.

I made my choice purely on specifications. The brand didn't really matter to me. It's also my first tablet or notebook for that matter that I purchased myself.

3. Grrumble

Grrumble Pen Pal - Newbie

I got my T4215 from the eBay store last July. I was looking for something I could take notes on in college with some degree of accuracy and the wacom digitizer drew me to it. At the time, I wasn't finding anything else available that even came close to fitting my needs (wants), except for the new T4220.

After a few weeks of getting used to doing schoolwork with it, I decided to try Photoshop on it. With just a T5600 C2D processor, it handles what I do much better than my desktop machine. I don't think I'd ever want to make the switch back.

4. nully

nully Pen Pal - Newbie

I already have a notebook with enough horsepower to play games on and I do any heavy intensive work on it while remaining mobile (Lenovo T61p) and I don't think they make a Tablet PC that can compare other than modding say perhaps your Macbook Pro to become a tablet PC (Who the hell would want to ruin their expensive machine for that?)

So, I wanted a Tablet PC that was light enough, had a long lasting battery, an excellent screen, and where I could carry around with me all day. The Fujitsu T2010 was it for me. Hell, the thing runs photoshop just fine as well. I was thinking of the X61 with multitouch, but the Fujitsu screen just beats the Lenovo hands down, and I didn't want to deal with the problems Lenovo is currently having (considering the problems I had to go through just to get a working notebook from them).

5. jimdab

jimdab LifeStudent

Same here. My T4220 is similar to yours and I also chose it because there is absolutely no other option if you require a light tablet convertible that is capable of performing at this level.

I have never owned a Fujitsu product before but I am now a fan of the company thanks to the quality of the product they sold me.

6. Grimnir

Grimnir Think tank & Designer Senior Member

everyones feedback is extremely helpful, thanks so much. continue please.

There are afew other things I want to bring up:
    is anyone aware of what sort of backlight lamp the Fujitsu T42XX uses? I am environmentally concerned and one of the very appealing aspects of the Toshiba M700 is that is has received a Gold seal by EPEAT (As seen here). The Gateway C-142XL that I am using right now has a mercury lamp in it as well as other harmful metals, and that was a big turn off to me. I also like that Toshiba takes into consideration the M700's end of life disposal process.

What company was it that offers a recycling service for only $30?...If I recall correctly it was Lenovo.

I'm checking the other ratings, Silver and Bronze with hope that I see a Fujitsu T42XX somewhere on there.

Lets see...with a silver rating there is the:
    • Fujitsu T2010
    • Lifebook U810
    • Lifebook E8410
    • Lifebook P1620
    • Lifebook P1610
    • Lifebook S7210
    • Lifebook P8010
    • Lifebook P7230
    • Lifebook 4220
    • Stylistic ST5111

I'd go on but I found the TPC I was looking for and I'm thinking most of them that I am listing are actually laptops. If you'd like to see a detailed rating of these machines follow this link.

Uh oh...looks like the 4220 uses mercury lamps too...does anyone know if they plan to go LED??

Here is the link to the 4220 specifically and how it stacks up.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  7. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

The T4220 uses a CCFL display with, as noted at the EPEAT, 2.5mg of mercury in it; the T2010, however, uses an LED display thus no mercury. If I recall correctly, the Gateway has 0.5mg more mercury bringing it up to a total 3.0mg of mercury in the display.

It's unknown whether Fujitsu will update their lines to include a LED display to replace the existing CCFL displays, however it would be a boon for both battery life and the environment as they have already applied it to most of their LifeBook line with the exception of the ST51000 and the T4200 Tablet PC series and a few lingering notebook series.

8. powowcow

powowcow Tablet PC Lover

The fact that the T2010 is a sexy black mini-beast made me get it.

9. Grimnir

Grimnir Think tank & Designer Senior Member

The Mercury Coupled with the Dust getting under the Fujitsu screens really bothers me. There really isn't a perfect Tablet PC out there. This is very dissapointing. Not only that but the T42XX doesn't has extra cadmium intentionally. Blegh. At least its still a silver on the EPEAT rating, which is more to say than a lot of other manufacturers.

I was REALLY shocked when I learned about dust getting under the screens. That is a serious design flaw to me, I mean..the screen is one of the main human interface points on the machine! How can you let such a thing continue in your product, especially when its that expensive! The solution seems very simple too, but theres apparently been no fix for it yet. WRYYYYYYY.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.