What Do You Want in the Surface Book 2

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by JoeS, Oct 10, 2015.

1. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

PS: Might just be my imagination, but the SB2 looks like it now folds flat (or at least flatter...)...!

What do you think?

2. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

I go away for a day and everything goes crazy...

nnthemperor likes this.
  3. dstrauss

AND STILL NO THUNDERBOLT 3 - EVEN IN THE 15"

Seems that MS and Apple both fail to get it - MS no Thunderbolt, Apple nothing but Thunderbolt.

Still, an impressive system (especially the fuller size Nvidia 1050 and 1060). But if the 15" starts at $2499, what in heavens name is a tricked out 1TB system going to run you? :eek:

PS - so much for Paul's and Mary Jo's sources...:cool::rolleyes:

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
  4. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

OK who's starting the thread?

Still about the same weight, still no kickstand, still no thunderbolt. And no yoga hinge, not that I really expected one. Boo

As an aside, now that this is out, what's left for the London event? VR headsets and WOA devices is all I can think of.

5. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...now that this is out, what's left for the London event?..>>

...That was the first thing that popped into my head when I saw the announcement! I wonder what's going on with Microsoft's event planning...?!??

6. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

Costs too much for my pockets but how I would love the 15" 16gb of ram. :D
    Hope the made they fixed their new pen problems at least on this.

7. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

On a positive note, they claim up to 5h for the tablet, vs up to 3h battery life for the previous gen.

8. dstrauss

Although technically less powerful (especially GPU), the new Spectre x360 15 has 8th gen quad-core i7, MX150 dGPU, 16gb ram, 11tb ssd, 3840x2160 4k display, Thunderbolt 3 plus standard USB-C, HDMI, and USB-A for $1819.99, and the "cheap" SB2 15 starts at $2499 - that's a lot of scratch for 1060 graphics...can't even imagine what the 1TB ssd will cost you...

Frankly, this will fly with the same handful of people who bought Surface Studio. It is INSANE at this point to not put Thunderbolt 3, ESPECIALLY in a device aimed squarely at the most sophisticated users. In fact, it is an INSULT!

It has helped me make up my mind; I'm leaving the Surface camp. Don't know where I'll land (and may still peek in especially at WOA - which must be the real October surprise), but enough is a enough - this is not leading the pack - this is hoping the faithful are as faithful as Mac users and will follow you into hell, even when your keyboard is unusable ad you have to carry an extra bag of dongles no matter where you go (looking at you MacBook Pro).

PS - I hear the resounding laughter throughout this board - give him a day to cool off and he'll be right back here - he always rants one way or the other - :confused:o_O - and you may be right (I like the idea of a 3:2 15" display)...

But really, isn't anyone else troubled by this development...

Azzart and nnthemperor like this.
  9. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

But the Spectre has the old gen of pen though.
    Honestly, the Surface Book remains the best computer I ever had and I would find the 15 inches perfect for me, it would even allow to double up as a decent VR device (by the way, to me the London event will revolve around the new VR Devices and features), it’s just that I don’t have enough money and even if I had the fiasco of the Surface Pro 2017 and its pen makes me wary of any new Microsoft products now.

bloodycape likes this.
  10. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Me too ... WOA please.

sonichedgehog360 likes this.