What Do You Want in the Surface Book 2

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by JoeS, Oct 10, 2015.

1. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

And the later is only an "alternative?" He sure got more than 15 seconds of attention from me (and the rest of us).

sonichedgehog360 likes this.
  2. sonichedgehog360

sonichedgehog360 Editor-in-Chief of TechAndTiny Senior Member

Haha. Figure of speech. =)

3. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...this guy is an elaborate liar...>>

...My sense is that the guy is not lying. It may be that he is mistaken... that is, he was shown something that wasn't what he thought it was...but I don't think he's intentionally lying. If he really was an elaborate liar, why not embellish details about the form factor? If he was going for 15 minutes of fame, why wouldn't he go big...?!??

4. sonichedgehog360

sonichedgehog360 Editor-in-Chief of TechAndTiny Senior Member

True, except he mentioned the three major specifications right down the line five separate times (1 2 3 4 5) and he did so without any trouble articulating them, either. So in my estimation, he must either be telling the truth or he is a very good covert liar. However, he has no apparent post history of misleading or fishing for likes which is why I am convinced he is not lying. I am of the strong opinion he is telling the truth because his story checks out with his post history. In a post dated 28 days ago, he explicitly stated he was headed to a developer conference in Orlando on the weekend of September 25th. That conference would have to be Microsoft Ignite:
    Source:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ElectricSk...s_the_biggest_issue_with_your_esk8_a/dmv71b2/

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  5. dstrauss

You mean people do that...:rolleyes: like maybe "clickbait" or proclaiming "Paul is dead" (oops, old age just crept out again)...

6. dstrauss

Going to be really hard to wait and see if the Acer Switch 7 delivers on its promises - the HP Spectre x360 8th Gen opened preorders this morning - $1399 for a 16gb/512gb model, 4k screen, 2 USb-C ports with full Thunderbolt 3, 1 USB 3.1 Type A (YES!), mSDXC slot (those top out at 400gb these days), rechargeable pen (nuts, N-Trig, and of course no silo), and fingerprint reader. Once they open up the customization window so I can add Windows 10 Pro and a 1TB drive, I will be in the order cue - a full on MacBook Pro 13 clone, but with a quad core processor, convertible, 4k screen, touch & pen, for about $1000 less at retail.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  7. dstrauss

Our good friend Lisa Gade (@MobileTechReview ) has a great video up on the improvements in the new quad-core 8th generation Kaby Lake R processor that this fall's new tablets/laptops are rocking:

Looks like there will finally be a meaningful upgrade after the slow progress since Haswell...

nnthemperor and sonichedgehog360 like this.
  8. dstrauss

Uh oh, he's breaking into a cold sweat and reaching for his AMEX - that Spectre weighs a whopping 2.89#, and the Switch 7 is a measly 2.5# WITHOUT its keyboard...maybe a flip around laptop would be workable, even if it was N-Trig...December is so far away, and Acer vs HP - who wins the quality battle...the DT's are next...

Bronsky and nnthemperor like this.
  9. jnjroach

jnjroach Surface MVP Super Moderator

They're here!!! Microsoft announces the Surface Book 2 in 13.5" and 15" variants - With the latest 8th Gen Intel Core processors and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 and 1060 discrete graphics options....

JoeS likes this.
  10. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator