What do you want a answer for? (linux)

Discussion in 'Linux on Tablet PC Forum' started by Kyle Porter, Apr 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyle Porter

Kyle Porter Veteran Moderator Senior Member

For those Ubuntu users out there, do you have any problems that need to be solved? I'm starting up my Linux project again, and i am in a very helpful mood.

Post any problems you have below, and i will try to get right on them.

2. showboatfp

showboatfp Pen Pal - Newbie

Is the notetaking experience in OneNote the same on linux as it is in Windows? I can adjust pen sensitivity and stuff as well? What are the advantages to using Linux over Windows on a tablet? Thanks, I'm a linux noob as you can tell. :)

3. Kyle Porter

1. Onenote was successful for me once upon a time, and it was the same as windows. i am currently making it work now (i think i am on a breakthrough).

2. Pen sensitivity has been untested.

3. The advantages are:
    - Its free
    - Better OS for programmers
    - Unlimited flexibility
    - Most secure operating system, bar none. Doesn't even require a antivirus in most cases.
    - Did i mention EVERYTHING is free? All piece of software are free with the exception of some high end software like crossover.

Basically you either like it or you don't. I recommend people try it, there was almost a point where i was considering not buying windows 7 because i liked Linux so much.

4. ChewbaccaLincoln

ChewbaccaLincoln Ecologist in study

5. tauman5263

tauman5263 Pen Pal - Newbie

I would also like to know how linux works on the x200. I think I will be using fedora, but I have been toying around with ubuntu and I kind of like it. Would there be a difference between the two distributions? I would prefer to use Fedora as long as I can still get the same tablet functionality that I would be able to get out of ubuntu.

Could you elaborate on this breakthrough?

6. Kyle Porter

I personally don't use Fedora, so I couldn't tell you. As of right now, i can only confirm tablet functionality working natively on Ubuntu 9.04 a Linux Mint 7 (RC). Personally, I would recommend Linux Mint, as it has been a great OS to deal with (extremely user friendly).

My "breakthrough" on Onenote failed a while back. What was happening was I could install it using Crossover Pro, but only using the XP Pro bottle (XP Pro lacks tablet support natively). I tried to install it using vista bottle (which theoretically would allow for inking), and it decided to be fussy and not work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.