What did you do?

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by nikotttin, Oct 20, 2007.

1. nikotttin

nikotttin Pen Pal - Newbie

On Gottabemobile.com there's a post describing how Vista manages RAM and how SuperFetch uses it.

Do you see any changes and system reactivity with or without SuperFetch? How much RAM do you have? I will have 2 gigs in the C140X...

2. irhumbled

irhumbled Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm so waiting to be able to honestly answer this question. Shipped today! Will be here Tuesday or Monday. Expect a legitimate post on this thread from me when I get it then : )

3. nikotttin

Mine too :p

4. irhumbled

irhumbled Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm so excited. I can't contain myself.

5. playersnoopy

playersnoopy Pen Pal - Newbie

You will only notice the speed gain with superfetch after you run a couple applications and decide to rerun those applications at a later time. Also it'll only work after you choose to use your computer like normal use. So if you just install a new application every day and run that application once or twice it probably won't work. But if you have all your software installed then use it like normal use, superfetch will basically have ready the applications you frequently use in a swap state. So if you use Outlook, Word and messenger they'll be ready to go.

You have to give it a chance to figure out your usage habits.

6. IMNOTDRPHIL

IMNOTDRPHIL Pen Pal - Newbie

I have a S-7125C (C-120X) but I'll play anyway.

The first thing I did when I got my tablet is run a good anti-malware program on the computer to remove all crapware, spyware and rootkits. When the anti-malware program finished removing Windows, I installed a fresh copy of an operating system on the machine and it runs just fine.

7. nikotttin

Ah ah ah :D

Tell me did you try the latest Ubuntu? They've integrated the Wacom open source drivers in the distro... and the UI seems actually better than other previous versions :)