what curved monitor will work with new Wacom cintiqs?

Discussion in 'Artists' started by michaelws, Oct 24, 2017.

1. michaelws

michaelws Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I know that I am getting the Mobile Studio Pro 16 in a couple of weeks. I am also looking at getting one of the new Cintiqs that will be coming out next year. Does anyone know of and or have experience with connecting with some of the newer ultra wide curved monitors? And recommendations?

Thanks

2. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Are you trying to connect the Ultra Wide Monitor to the Mobile Studio Pro, or use it in conjunction with a Desktop Cintiq?

If its the first and you want to connect and run the External Monitor off the MSP, since the MSP just has USB-C ports, Ideally you would look for a USB-C based monitor. You could also get adapters and dongles, etc if the monitor itself doesn't support USB-C.

If you want to use it in conjunction with a desktop Cintiq....you don't actually hook the monitor up to the cintiq. The Cintiq is just a pen/touch display, the MSP is full standalone computer. How many monitors you can hook up would depend on your motherboard or Graphics Card in your desktop and how many ports you have. Since USB-C adoption is still rather low, for an Ultra Wide Monitor and a Cintiq, you would need at least 2 display ports, or 1 Display Port & 1 HDMI port on your graphics card. With the Wacom Link, the Cintiq Pro (or your MSP16 which can be used like a cintiq) would connect to your graphics card by way of Mini Display Port and USB-Type A. (You might need a mini display port to full size display port adapter), and the Ultra Wide Monitor would almost certainly have both HDMI & Display Port connection options. So long as your graphics card has the ports, you should be able to connect.

Is this your first time setting up a Multi-Monitor rig?

michaelws likes this.
  3. michaelws

michaelws Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Thanks Darkmagistric. I was unclear. But actually it would be both. But first it would be the MSP 16. Your reply was great. Sure appreciate it.