What CSP on iOS has taught me: NTrig still sucks, EMR is still king, Apple Pencil best among Pro Cap

Discussion in 'The Tablet PC Life' started by Shogmaster, May 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Oh yeah, I forgot how some of the U series go beyond 15W. 28W i7 would be significantly better than 15W 5th/6th gen i7, but I'll still bet it does not outperform 35W 3rd gen i5 on the T902.

2. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

The part of it was for me was that the usefulness chasm between Procreate and other iOS raster art software was so great that I basically use to consider iPad Pro a Procreate machine. Now you have Procreate and CSP for raster creation. And for line art guys like me, CSP blows Procreate out of the water.

For those who creates digital paintings, I still think Procreate ia much better bargain on iOS. There are pretty cool vector stuff I've seen. nut when it comes to painting and drawing, I think Procreate or CSP are the only real options for professionals on iOS IMO.

3. doobiedoobiedum

doobiedoobiedum Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Very true, and some of that vector art goes straight to CAD cutters and printers. I've been exploring Graphic on an iPad to then open later in illustrator. Works great and the pencil gives me what I need.

4. DaniJoy

DaniJoy www.danijoy.com

i have a new zbook with 8th gen quad core cpu and the i7 MSP 16. I was surprised to find that the difference is hardly noticeable at my real world working speed. i still prefer my MSP16 over the Zbook for drawing/painting/vector. Pro pen 2 is a bit nicer and the size matters more to me than a slightly faster CPU. I use photoshop and sketchbook though, never got into CSP. I do look forward to the MSP16 version 2. it would be nice to get the slightly faster processor in the bigger tablet size.

Totally agree with your observations about the pen tech. EMR is a big step up from the Apple Pencil, but i find the apple pencil is good enough once i get into a drawing.

5. Art_N00b

Art_N00b Scribbler - Standard Member

6. siddhartth

siddhartth Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I am glad you see it now.

It's a "told you so" moment for me. Nothing beats ipad pro range for Mobile digital inking, if only they can make Apple pencil as ergonomic as a wacom pro pen. i am hoping the iPadX' pencil will have better weight distribution, thinner rubberized/felt tip with an eraser at the back end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.