What case or bag do you have for your tm2t?

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by krystle920, Apr 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krystle920

krystle920 Pen Pal - Newbie

I just purchased a tm2t last night from the HP website and estimated build date is by April 16. :) My question for tm2t owners out there is - what case or bag do you have for your tablet? I'm not sure yet if I want a sleeve or a backpack/messenger bag - pros and cons of each?

The official tm2t sleeve mentioned in another post looks great, but it's expensive and has no outside pockets for an adapter and mouse. Here are some more options I found so far:

http://www.caselogic.com/12_1_laptop_sleeve/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=147731

http://www.caselogic.com/13_3_laptop_sleeve/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=120363

Any other models I should be considering? I'm looking for something sleek/understated/elegant so neutral colors would work best. Nothing too bulky too since I'm only 5 ft tall. Thanks!

2. acc1dent

acc1dent Destroyer of Souls

3. Dave_S

Dave_S Pen Pal - Newbie

4. prevenge

prevenge Pen Pal - Newbie

5. beckyb

beckyb Scribbler - Standard Member

6. sjones411

sjones411 Pen Pal - Newbie

I've got the Timbuk2 Hacker Daypack. It's a backpack with a built in, padded, zipper compartment for a laptop. It's designed for a 13" laptop, but the TM2 fits perfectly in it. It's still got enough room for a large textbook, the TM2's power adapter, an extra battery, and few other gadgets (camera, DS, etc). It's back is padded, and it's pretty comfortable to carry around, even if it's full.

Unfortunately, it's also discontinued.

The new bag to replace it is the Swing backpack. It's almost as good, and a little bigger from what I hear. http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/products/laptop/laptop-backpacks/swig-backpack-v1

As far as the Pros vs. Cons of bag vs. a sleeve goes, it usually just boils down to how much money you want to spend. A good quality backpack, with a compartment to take care of a laptop usually costs a lot of money. If you already own a backpack that you like, which doesn't have a laptop compartment, a sleeve helps your laptop not get too banged up. It's kind of annoying to constantly slip a sleeve on and off your laptop, so if you don't own a bag or a sleeve, I'd spend the few extra dollars and invest in a good bag.

7. dantedrac

dantedrac Pen Pal - Newbie

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  8. dgitalchaos

dgitalchaos Guest

9. jazzyone

jazzyone Pen Pal - Newbie

10. dgitalchaos

dgitalchaos Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.