what are your temperatures on the CPU?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Dragonlord, Feb 12, 2006.

1. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Pen Pal - Newbie

I believe that my CPU Temperatures are to high. It goes up by normal work (only Internet) to 176 F. Sometimes unter full work (for example with prime) it goes up to 217 F and the System shut down automaticelly. What are your temperatures?

I have the TC4200 with 2 Ghz Centrino.

2. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Tip: Be sure that when you are running your machine to extremes that the heat vents are not obstructed. You should use the machine on a flat surface when it runs this hot.

3. Dragonlord

@ Barry J. Doyle

I am running the machine with the advanced Docking Station from HP, so the vents are not obstructed. In the beginning i was really enthusiastic, but now i'm disappointed. The CPU runs to warm (even when under 800 Mhz Mode the Temperature is stabil on ca. 55-60° Idle with no Fan on, but only with 0,25 lower VoltageCore as default). And from the HDD (Seagate Momentus 5400.2 60822) i am disappointed to, because it make noises like a (quite) fan, even when the HDD doesn't work.

I will phone with HP tomorrow and check if this issues are normal...

4. Daring

Daring Moderator

What are you using to measure temps? If your computer is going into thermal shutdown there is something wrong without a doubt. As I mentioned in another thread, I don't have the 2 GHz machine, but I do have the 1.83 GHz. Heat under normal use hovers between 40 - 50 C. Right now my temp is 35 C (95 F). I am using NHC, but not using any throttling/voltage multiplier changes other then those built in by the CPU. If I know what you're using to measure temps I could use that as well.

Noise level is nearly non-existent. If I put my ear near the tablet, I can hear a slight whir, however from a normal distance I can hear nothing. I verified this with my daughter just to make sure my (old) ears weren't going.

5. Dragonlord

@ Daring

I use NHC (Version 1.9 Beta 3) too. Beyond this Program i use Everest Home Edition 2.20.405 http://www.zdnet.de/downloads/prg/1/x/de011X-wc.html Both Programs shows the same Temperatures.

Now my Temperature under 800 Mhz is 57 C° (134.6 F)

[​IMG]

Because the HDD it is a normal noise how i found out in the internet. The normal noise of the Seagate Momentus 5400.2 60822 is 0,6 Sone under load 0,8 Sone. I will buy a Western Digital Scorpio WD400VE - 40GB 5400rpm 8MB 2.5zoll 0,3 Sone normal under load 0,4 Sone

http://www.forumdeluxx.de/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=33436&size=big&password=&sort=1&cat=500