Wellcome the new iPad to the Pen Tablet world!

Discussion in 'The Tablet PC Life' started by ron2k_1, Sep 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ron2k_1

ron2k_1 calibuchi Senior Member

you have no idea the fire hoops this guy jumped to get used to Android with Wacom EMR. And I've read couple of his opinions on the Mac, so nope, I don't tilt is enough for him...

2. ron2k_1

ron2k_1 calibuchi Senior Member

What's surprising for me is that Microsoft is partner to this. Granted, Office will still be a mobile platform, but MS supporting something that can kill sales on their Surface line is surprising to me.

I can't lie, I may not get it this year, but maybe in a year or 2, I'd sure be making couple eBay searches.

3. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Absolutely, positively. The iPad Pro will run iOS, not OSX. The Adobe product demonstrated today was a Photoshop-distilled app, not the full desktop application.

4. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Adobe announced some new apps that seemed optimized for the iPad Pro, wonder if they will have functionality comparable to the full OS X/Windows software?

5. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Like with their previous tablet apps, Adobe will offer up a sub-set of its capabilities.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

6. Starlight5

Starlight5 W I N T E R B O R N

I would like to see their implemention of multitasking in iOS9. Hopefully they will support mouse some day.

7. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Tilt is more "cool-gimmick" (with semi-useful applications in photoshop, if that was possible to use) than a useful function that will save me time while working. Far far more important to me are response rates, accuracy, no line jitter, pressure curve, zero lag... etc.
    I applaud them for adding tilt function, as long as they took the time to make sure the priorities of the pen function are covered first. If it misses strokes or lags awkwardly behind me, slowing down the intuitive process of drawing, then it fails to meet the "Wacom test". I'm optimistic that within the apps made for the pro within the iOS mobile environment, the pen could be quite nice to use. The big problem of course, is it's still an expensive toy for most professionals who need full-blown applications in a fully featured OS. Mind you expensive toys are still fun and tempting. I bought a NotePro 12.2 for instance, and I would have a hard time justifying it's existence as a productive machine. Even typing e-mails on it is too laborious to be practical. But its fun to watch you tube on, sketch ideas and do quick paintings at coffee shops.
    The Surface Pro line is still in my mind ahead of the game since it doesn't compromise the OS to be mobile. If apple released a macbook pro with a pen that somehow fit their design aesthetic, then I feel Apple would be "getting" pro artists. But they are strictly against creating machines that do it all, with good reason. Sell multiple devices that do different tasks each without compromising. The ipad Pro might be a really nice, albeit really expensive, sketch pad at best.

8. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

haha is my Mac distaste showing? Kuma knows though. She also helped me navigate the field of firey hoops when I bought the Notepro.

9. Precurve

Precurve Scribbler - Standard Member

No buttons, no eraser tip? Do I have that right?
    I'm all for clean design but I'm curious about how they'll manage for those functions.

Mesosphere likes this.
  10. Starlight5

Starlight5 W I N T E R B O R N

Precurve, cough-cough Apple engineers wanted the operation of stylus to be as simple as possible. They felt that having all those buttons and eraser tip on stylus would only confuse average user who would need to remember the specific functions associated with each of them cough-cough.
    [​IMG]

darkmagistric and iridescentFUZZ like this.