Weird problem after each restart

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Hashaholic, Jul 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hashaholic

Hashaholic Borderline Yadoo

I purchased a T730 a few months ago and I have to say that it is awesome except for a few problems. The latest problem has me baffled and occurs every time I restart. When it comes back from a restart, the button on the pen that I set to erase is set to double-click and the click & tap feature is set to hover click, so I have to go into the tablet settings in control panel after every restart and reset these. Also, the battery/power and network signal strength icons hide themselves from system tray, so I have to go in and set them to always show. Any ideas what this weird problem is? It is so strange I don't know where to start...:(

2. Hashaholic

No one knows? Sorry its not a hip new Q550 or T901 but I still need some help...

3. Agent 9

Agent 9 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I'm guessing from your sig it is Win 7 Ultimate, is that a fresh install or a 'upgrade' of the OEM instillation, or a clone from HDD to SSD? if it is a fresh install did you install every necessary driver from Fujitsu? If it is a clone from HDD or a 'upgrade' then try doing a fresh install of Windows 7 Ultimate if you can

Are you using Fujitsu provided, or Wacom provided Tablet PC drivers? Also, what BIOS version are you using?

4. Hashaholic

Thanks for the reply. :)

It is a fresh, clean install of W7 Ult. I installed drivers from Fujitsu's site here. I'm not sure if I installed all the necessary ones but all the features like autorotation, touch, pen, etc work fine, so I don't think I missed anything.

I'm using Fujitsu's Wacom/touch driver. Not sure what BIOs I'm running, how do you check?

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  5. Agent 9

Agent 9 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

At boot you should be able to enter the bios and check what revision it is (pressing F2 or Delete when starting up should get you to the bios) I asked what bios you have because it could be a older revision that has some issues (a lot of times bios issues include sleep/ restart problems as well as hardware issues, and usually a newer bios would solve them, though you should be careful when flashing your bios: make sure you have a full battery and are plugged into a power outlet that is reliable then only run the bios update utility and nothing else at the time)

Be sure to check device manager if there are any devices that don't have drivers and get them if you can. Uninstall the Wacom driver you have from control panel, then reinstall the latest Wacom driver from here Drivers | Wacom Americas (just click the "more info" text and it will pull up a window with the download). if that stuff doesn't solve some of your issues then try installing the rest of the Fujitsu drivers anc check after every 2-3 drivers if it is solved (so you can narrow down which one was needed). If that doesn't work then try re-installing Windows, sometimes all that is needed is a re-install of windows, I don't know why, but it seems to solve problems a lot (maybe a bad instillation the frst go around, or maybe it got screwed up somehow

EDIT: Oh, yes I almost forgot, first try using the newest graphics driver from Intel's website before any of this other stuff, I have seen bad graphics drivers do all sorts of things

6. Hashaholic

I had a suspicion the problem was due to the pen driver and sure enough, that was it. After installing Wacom's drivers instead of Fujitsu's, all the weird problems are gone.

Agent 9, you're super helpful as always. Thanks for leading me in the right direction.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.