Weird N-Trig Problems N Bugs

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Marauderz, Aug 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marauderz

Marauderz Pen Pal - Newbie

Well since my last observation of weird N-Trig behavior turned out to be a bug that actually vanished after a restart, and after which I observed yet ANOTHER weird behavior, I think I'll just start a thread of observed N-Trig behaviors and bugs.

Symptom
    The pen must always be detected FIRST before you rest your hand on the screen.

How to identify
    If you did this.
    1. rest palm on screen
    2. bring pen close enough for hover detection.

The pen WILL NOT be detected. If you have the pen set to AUTO mode, and have previously disabled the touch screen by using the pen before, the place where your palm rests on the screen will not trigger a touch in Windows but at the same time, the PEN will also not be deteced.

But if you did this.
    1. bring pen close enough for hover detection.
    2. rest palm on screen.

Then the pen will work perfectly.

But take note, if you did this.
    1. bring pen close enough for hover detection.
    2. rest palm on screen.
    3. while writing and repositioning your pen (palm still not moving from original location) the pen leaves the detection range of the screen.

When you bring the pen back in range, the pen will NOT be detected again.

SOLUTION
    Restart the system, or kick it into standby a few times.

2. Marauderz

Marauderz Pen Pal - Newbie

Symptom
    Palm rejection is totally non existant even under PEN ONLY setting, Touch screens act all fidgety when you use it.

How To Identify
    The obvious problem is that palm rejection seem to completely malfunction causing severe vectoring with your palm. Also when you try to use just the touch screen only you'll notice that you either have detection issues, or you get repeated taps.

Solution
    This was interesting, it only happened AFTER I plugged the T580 into a wall socket in my client's meeting room. So I unplugged the T580 from AC power and it was ok again.

So why did this happen? My theory (since I was unable to do some more test on my client's wall socket :p) is that the AC current flow from the socket wasn't too clean or stable and was introducing noise in the power delivered, this cause the screen (which I guess is using some sort of calibrated energy field) to receive some irregular current noise and drove the screen crazy.