Weird display issue?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DaVuLf, Jun 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaVuLf

DaVuLf Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm not sure whether this is a software or hardware issue, but it seems to be both. I recently purchased a Fujitsu T4020B and its great. It runs really quite, but a little hot. Now, I'm aware that it isn't a power system meant to run games, but I've installed a few old ones (95-99) that it should do no problem. The problem that I've found is that the games don't take up the full screen. They take up a 640x480 block in the center of the screen.

Now, I'm not sure if this is an issue with the tablet, or if it is supposed to do that. If so, is there a way to change it? Thanks!

2. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

You may want to double check the options in the games themselves. There should be a place to change the screen resolution of the game. Also, if we are talking "really old" there may be no option as 640x480 was tje default once upon a time.

3. DaVuLf

DaVuLf Pen Pal - Newbie

True enough barry, but if I set the screen resolution of the tablet itself to 640x480 it isn't full screen either.

4. marbles

marbles Pen Pal - Newbie

If they are older games perhaps that is their max resolution.. not likely though for games from 1999 but possible for games from 1995 as they are quite old and not made to run on XP.

5. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

DaVuLf would agree they are older games but he has tried to alter his screen size to compensate for the low quality.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.