Weird ATI problem w/ touch. Do you have it?

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by pauLegend, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ljames28

ljames28 Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the same issue. I leave the device on integrated graphics, if I switch it to discrete and then rotate the screen the touch stuff won't rotate. If I then switch back to internal I can rotate fine again.

So basically I can only use the normal orientation with the discrete graphics.

2. SKolja

SKolja Pen Pal - Newbie

It seems to be related with the fact, that when running with ATI GFX calibration of tablet&touch (in control panel - tablet PC settings) is not available.
    When I did reset of the calibration running on the internal Intel GFX I got the same problem (after changing display orientation from default landscape mode, touch was interpreted as orientation od display would not be changed).
    Calibrating the touch&pen interface did put the things in order.
    Basicaly if no calibration data is present, pen&touch interfaces do not work correctly in non default orientation modes.
    So the question is how to force calibration, if it is not available in Tablet PC setting running on ATI GFX. After this I suppose the issue will be fixed.

3. Dave_S

Dave_S Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm so glad there is this forum. This problem has been driving me mad all morning and now I've found the reason for it here. Thanks, guys. I hope there is a solution soon because I'd like to use the better, ATI graphics in portrait mode.

4. Karniv4

Karniv4 Pen Pal - Newbie

I too was having that problem when I installed an SSD and had to go through the reinstallation process for Windows 7.
    The internal intel graphics where working fine, the switch to ATI always resulted in the display and the touch/pen getting out of sync by 180 degrees.

I fixed it by grabbing the HP software off the removed disk and installing the drivers from it. (I suspect the order of installation might be important...I went alphabetically, and it worked so i didn't investigate any further).

5. Dave_S

Dave_S Pen Pal - Newbie

That's interesting. Which drivers did you re-install - ATI and then Intel??

6. Karniv4

Karniv4 Pen Pal - Newbie

I wish i had paid more attention to what I was doing now :) I basically grabbed the SW directory, and started from top to bottom installing all the HP software (Sorted alphabetically). Not much help i know, I was perfroming the re-install while doing something else.

7. gessner17

gessner17 Pen Pal - Newbie

I to have the same issue, my mouse pad will also not disable.

8. Dave_S

Dave_S Pen Pal - Newbie

I've raised a ticket with HP Support and they've referred it up a level so I hope there's a solution soon. It would certainly help if everyone else who has noticed this problem contacted support.

I suppose a lot of people won't notice the problem: if you leave the default settings then the TM2 switches to power saving GPU when powered by the battery, and most people with only use portrait orientation when they're using battery power. But that's no excuse for the ATI video not working properly with touch and pen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.