WebOS

Discussion in 'HP Slate' started by leaftye, Mar 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

HP announced that they're going to start rolling out WebOS on their PC's. I don't know if that currently includes the Slate 500. If you want it, why?

2. night_hawke

night_hawke Pen Pal - Newbie

for some reason when i read that i figured that they were going to roll it out sorta like Apple did with itunes. It will be WebOS in application form running inside windows to allow you to sync your phone, tablet as well as use apps made for WebOS on your desktop.

I doubt they are considering a dual boot scenario, but i could be wrong i have been before.

3. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

The first stories I read said that they were planning on dual booting WebOS.

4. DaveP

DaveP Scribbler - Standard Member

If they do go with dual boot (and the stories I've read are unclear) I would guess the reason is that it would allow a near instant on with support for an Internet connection and limited file services (similar to the instant on Linux based solutions like Presto).

5. TheWerewolf

TheWerewolf Care for a bite?

I've downloaded JoliOS (what's left of the JoliCloud tablet) and have been thinking about installing it... it's rather big in that it wants 4GB and wants to take over the boot manager - but if I image my system first, might be worth it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.