Web OS on TM2

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by impreZzA, May 17, 2010.

1. swidwaks

swidwaks Scribbler - Standard Member

WebOS seems to be growing up, I think it'd be interesting to see if HP will allow it to be installed on the touchsmarts once they start rolling it out on more devices.

What I would really prefer, though, is some iOS-style launch interface that runs only when in slate mode. It would also be nice to have programs run in full screen by default while in slate mode. While it doesn't do much for multitasking, I feel as though being completely focused on the one app makes the touch experience feel more refined.

To switch between applications, mapping "control+alt+tab" to a swipe direction should suffice. Perhaps Rainmeter could be of use, although I'm not sure how to enable the full screen stuff.
    ---

I realize I've started to deviate quite a bit from the topic, but I threw this desktop setup together. I've found SumatraPDF is very good at handling touch.

-Rainmeter with Speed (not very resource intensive at all, surprisingly)
    -Custom Flicks:
    -Up Right: Bring up Touchable Window Switcher (see image) - for those who did not know, ctrl+alt+tab is amazing for touch
    -Down Left: toggle fullscreen - F11
    -SumatraPDF for reading pdfs
    -Prism Full Screen Apps: Slacker Radio, Pandora Radio, gMail, gCalendar, gDocs, gReader, Wunderlist

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. Juke

Juke Pen Pal - Newbie

HP already made it official that every PC shipped next year will come with WebOS.

3. Seketh

Seketh Moderator Moderator

I wonder how usefull it'll actually be. If ends up being something like quickweb, it'll be useless.

What I'd like to see on the Tm2 was a dedicated touch interface when you rotate the screen to tablet mode, something like Windows Embedded 7.