We need to be on TPCR more than ever now!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by lovelaptops, Mar 13, 2020.

1. nyb72

nyb72 Scribbler - Standard Member

Actually, now that I'm working at home, I was going to try out different pens for my GB12 aside from the Staedtler. I finally broke out the Lamy pen that I've had sitting in it's box. I found it very comfortable to use. The end near the tip sort of has this hexagonal shape, where every other side is concave that it fits my fingers almost perfectly. I also find it nicely balanced for me, as long as I don't put the cap back on the end.

Lilawyn, lovelaptops and hiramkey like this.
  2. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

@lovelaptops asked for more humor, so thanks to a friend of mine who is into (un)inspirational quotes, here is a little wisdom for our trying times :vbeek::vboops::vbtongue::vbwink:

It's darkest just before it goes pitch black...

It's never too late to go back to bed...

If you keep following your dreams they're going to file a restraining order...

People who say they'll give 110% don't understand how percentages work...

The best things in life are actually really expensive...

If your coffee order is more than four words you are a part of the problem...

Selfies are a lot sadder when you think of them as Alone-ies...

Looking at inspirational quotes to feel better is like looking at a treadmill to lose weight...

And finally -

Have patience and eventually all your enemies will die of natural causes...

Lilawyn, lovelaptops, JoeS and 4 others like this.
  3. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

Add to that:

There is no problem too big that you can't run away from it...

and...

The reward for a job well done is more, frequently much more, of the same...

Bronsky, hiramkey and djas like this.
  4. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

And, because some of us are technically inclined:

An atom walks into a bar. The bartender says, “Is something wrong? You don’t look happy.”
    “I lost an electron.”
    “Are you sure?”
    “I'm positive.
    Then the atom asks, “Did you take my electron?”
    “No way!”
    “Well, I've got my ion you!”
    The next day, the atom walks back into the bar and says to the bartender, “I found my lost electron!”
    “That's great! Here's a beer on the house. No charge!”

Another atom walks into a bar and starts bragging about the hot chick particle he went out with last night. No one believes him because atoms make up everything.

An electron walks into a bar and order a drink for a proton because she’s so attractive.

A photon walks into a bar. He sees his friend on the other side of the room, so he waves.

A neutrino walks into a bar. The bartender says, “We don't serve your kind here,” to which the neutrino replies, “I'm just passing through.”

Helium walks into a bar. The bartender says, “We don't serve noble gases here." Helium doesn't react.

A Higgs boson walks into a church. The priest says, “You call yourself the God particle. That's sacrilegious! get out!” The Higgs boson says, “Without me you couldn’t have mass.”

A bartender says, “We don't serve particles that violate causality!” A tachyon walks into a bar.

An antineutrino walks into a bar. The bartender says, “You don’t look happy. Is something the matter? The antineutrino says, “Not the matter, the antimatter.”

An electron walks into a bar. Another electron walks in to meet him. How repulsive!

Werner Heisenberg is driving to the bar when he’s pulled over. The officer asks, “Do you know how fast you were going?” “No, but I know exactly where I am.”

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. Simultaneously, Schrödinger's cat doesn’t walk into a bar.

Schrödinger’s example applies to inanimate objects as well:

DumpsterA.jpg

Lilawyn, crazycat, Bronsky and 3 others like this.
  5. dstrauss

And I thought I was weird...

Steve S, hiramkey and alaskajoel like this.
  6. crazycat

crazycat Scribbler - Standard Member

In Vietnam here, the government make it compulsory that everyone wear face mask in public and everyone cover up like a ninja (not that I'm complaining). Also we clean our hand like OCD. In my workplace there is temperature check at the front gate and an alcohol hand cleaner bottle in front of every office door that we have to use before get in, and if you have to move between a lot of rooms... Also I saw co-workers dumped alcohol on their smartphone and iPad, I wonder if the digitized would be damaged. But there is this saying that smartphone is as dirty as a public toilet...

7. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

That's what I'm talkin about. My wife and I - aka, the entire universe for now, were LOAO! Thank you, thank you, thank you! Keep 'em comin!

8. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

Lamy makes such awesome ink pens - very high design and supremely comfortable. What kind of price points we talking? Kinda surprised that more of the great pen designers and watch designers aren't partnered with Wacom, Apple (heaven forbid it's not *all* Apple!) MS, etc, though it's happened in places.

9. dstrauss

OK you asked for it...

For my children...

[​IMG]

Definitely ME...

[​IMG]

An interesting science project...

[​IMG]

Yes...

[​IMG]

After my latest trip to the grocery store...

[​IMG]

A warning to those stupid shoppers...

[​IMG]

And a final thought from Daffy...

[​IMG]

lovelaptops likes this.
  10. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Since my girls are into all things Japanese, I told them we're living like a Tokyo family. That settled them down a bit

Lilawyn, crazycat, JoeS and 3 others like this.