We need to be on TPCR more than ever now!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by lovelaptops, Mar 13, 2020.

1. violajack

violajack Scribbler - Standard Member

Once upon a time, when I had so much free time on my hands that I took an internship at a technology magazine for fun, I had insider information. These days, I can share my wealth of knowledge in the realms of cloth diapers, homeschool curriculum (with a side specialty in the shady business practices of classical conversations), Ford Transit passenger vans, the fight against CA AB5, and my new obsession - airstream trailers.

I have a Thinkpad x61 tablet that I pull out on occasion, but ever since that stupid big ipad came out and did everything I need perfectly, there's been nothing exciting in the world of tablets in classical music.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Lilawyn likes this.
  2. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Although I am older like many here, I started having kids later and life. Consequently, I currently have two still in college and one graduate who has been at home preparing for graduate school exams. While my two were gone at school, I decided to dismantle and renovate the guest bath in my house. I was doing the work myself at a snails pace on the weekends, thinking I had all the time in the world.

Both of my students' schools have closed their campuses. As a result, there are five of us at home sharing a single shower. I wonder what we're going to do if we need to quarantine anyone? So, that has been occupying my time at the moment. This leisurely project has turned into a total cluster-cluck.

Tech? Well maybe as it relates to shower heads and the like.

nnthemperor, Marty and lovelaptops like this.
  3. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Oof, that sounds like a challenge.. This is actually something I've been meaning to look up: what to do if a family member falls ill? Is there even a reasonable chance to avoid getting sick in a single house/apartment, or do you at that point just throw in the towel and accept that everyone in the household is going to get sick?

nnthemperor likes this.
  4. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

@Bronsky - if your drain is still intact, consider a portable shower short term - we had to use one years ago during a blizzard in Colorado Springs. Sounds stupid but easier than drywall and tiling in a pinch...

Amazon Shower Stall

5. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Can you say "Tone deaf"? :eek:

upload_2020-3-16_12-13-59.png

Marty and Bronsky like this.
  6. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Thanks. This might work in a pinch.:thumbsup:

7. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...consider a portable shower short term...>>

And... it's good as a toilet tent, too!! Two birds, one stone...!

<<...Can you say "Tone deaf"?..>>

Excuse me, but I'm enjoying my "finger lickin' good" KFC just now...

Bronsky and JoeS like this.
  8. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

@djas: Thanks for checking in. Btw, just to remind (everyone), you can talk about other tech than just for note-taking on TPCR ;) (I know, duh!) Also, can talk about anything you want on this thread :newpalm:

djas likes this.
  9. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

@dstrauss: You are forgiven! Btw, it was me, not @nnthemperor, who said you owed members new devices and new reviews - and tales of woe - constantly! I was, of course, just speaking in jest. Still, energy industry depression or not (is it at least good for your legal business?), your presence here brings laughter, joy and warm feelings to us all :hi: (am I the only one who loves these "Old Smiles?"), so when you can find the time, give us sprinkles of Dale-isms :D.

nnthemperor likes this.
  10. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Welcome to Tokyo. Family of four (2 teenage girls) sharing a single bathroom and toilet, and you know how these teenagers get at that age.

Here you'd be lucky to have one with enough room to stretch out your arms. Say two bathrooms, and people look at you like you're either a celebrity or you've just won the lottery.

Sent from my F2 using Tapatalk

Bronsky and djas like this.