We need to be on TPCR more than ever now!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by lovelaptops, Mar 13, 2020.

1. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

Magnifique @nnthemperor! :cool: You've solved the mystery! @dstrauss, you must trash the Spectre and try something new! What the heck are you using to take notes on? It can't be any good, try something new. You *owe* it to the newer members; they were lured into joining by the *promise* of your replacing and reviewing - complete with color commentary - a device at least every 2 months. C'mon man! :D

Lilawyn, JoeS and nnthemperor like this.
  2. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

I'm actually in the somewhat privileged position of being on an island, so total lockdown is something of a breeze. The flip side is that Diamond Princess made its last port of call here before sailing on to Yokohama. So far three cases here, two of which are cab drivers that drove passengers from the DP, and one that is unclear.
    Despite the safe environs there are no face masks (and it doesn't bother me medically but its a social mark of Cain) and toilet paper in the stores. Inconveniences that are easy to live with. Truth be told, with a Japanese washlet you tend to use TP as a mean of "visual confirmation" rather than its intended use.

One draw back, social distancing has resulted in a hoarse voice since the larynx is on vacation. Keyboards do nothing to improve that. But I'd probably go nuts if I hadn't access to TPCR.

Take care and check your temperatures.

3. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Mr. AWOL here - sorry to be "unconnected" but between the oil industry crash, stock market crash, and COVID-19 it's been a little hectic.

@lovelaptops - I hope we can keep the community a good part of your life - it is a little slow technology-wise, but more than enough material out there to keep us going.

@violajack - join in and don't just lurk - in today's environment you can can give us more insider information than we can based on your experience in online communities.

@nyb72 - We're not working from home yet, but clients are not coming in (not much of a change from a few weeks ago, but noticeable). Very interesting that the Wall Street Journal today documented even how poorly the work from home paradigm is not working well in Silicon Valley, which should be the beacon for the rest of us. I have to wonder how this will ever work - not enough total bandwidth out there, nor expertise, to run all these university classes - much less all of commerce.

@nnthemperor - ha ha ha - I'm probably stuck with the Spectre x360 late 2019 for a while. I wish the GB12 had more modern internals and storage, because it would be my one and only at this point.

lovelaptops, Lilawyn and nnthemperor like this.
  4. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

Just what I was thinking. We lack capacity for so many other critical goods and services already, it's hard to imagine bandwidth isn't the next thing we'll find "out of stock" :vbconfused:

dstrauss, nnthemperor and Lilawyn like this.
  5. djas

djas Graffiti User

Had my last day Friday in Tokyo office and am back home permanently. 2 weeks earlier than planned due to the pandemic. Starting mandatory 14 days home isolation Monday. Good time to sort out my tech in between conferencing.

Will try to be more active here as much as possible though I don't have much to contribute. I am set as far as my notetaking tech is concern.

6. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Permanently as in never coming back to Tokyo? Stay safe bro!

Sent from my SM-P205 using Tapatalk

7. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Lucky you, Kuma. Come April I'll resume my 2-hr commute thru Tokyo on a jam-packed train, pandemic or no pandemic. Wish me luck.

Sent from my SM-P205 using Tapatalk

Kumabjorn likes this.
  8. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Ooh boy.. that's a pretty scary prospect!

nnthemperor likes this.
  9. djas

djas Graffiti User

Will be back, of course, hopefully not work-related. I love Japan.
    Arigato nnthemperor-san.

Stay safe, friend.

nnthemperor likes this.
  10. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Don't envy you that commute, but trains will probably be a little lighter in the beginning. When I worked in Tokyo O had a 90 minute commute to Ikebukuro. No fun.

Sent from my SC-01F using Tapatalk

nnthemperor likes this.