We need to be on TPCR more than ever now!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by lovelaptops, Mar 13, 2020.

1. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

Hey All,
    Don't know about the rest of you, but I'm pretty much living "sequestered" at home - with my wife. Neither of us are sick, but I'm 64, have compromised immune system due to medications I take for RA, and the disease itself, and I have asthma. It's ok. Been living this kind of lifestyle for the last 6 months due to health, but it's not as hard to get used to as I thought.

Which brings me to us! My online communities are such a source of stimulation and support! Lately, for totally understandable reasons, this community has been quite inactive. It may seem that tech "toys" are the last things worth talking about at this crazy, scary time. I reject that! I think this is a GREAT time to talk all about tech, our devices, where it's going, etc. And, because we know each other as well as we do, and I respect your ideas and intellect so much, there are few people I'd rather hear thoughts about the virus, what's happening to society (temporarily) and how tech is making things both better and worse.

Join me, please. :newpalm::hi:

EDIT: Start different, more specific threads if you think best ;)

2. violajack

violajack Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm an introvert homeschooling mom. Online communities are lyyyyyyfe. But I'm not in a position to buy new stuff right now, so I'm mostly lurking around here.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Lilawyn and nnthemperor like this.
  3. nyb72

nyb72 Scribbler - Standard Member

I've been told to work from home now. My customers are also being told not to show up in the office if possible. It's crazy to see what is happening.

I wonder if the slowdown in the community is that there doesn't seem to be any impending tech that is capturing our imaginations. Maybe the Duo? The last time I felt excited was the SPX, and that wound up being a let down for me.

But as far as something like EMR goes, there doesn't seem to be anything on the horizon on my radar. My GB12 is still my personal daily driver. What is everyone else looking forward to?

Lilawyn likes this.
  4. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

How about the Lenovo X1 Fold? Looks pretty cool to me. But yeah, there are tons of devices, just not many that are groundbreaking.

Also, I'm sure we have decent competition from places like Windows Central, Reddit, etc. Now that tablets are so commonplace, there's less of need to seek out a specialized "penabled laptop" forum.

I am a little surprised that the art aspect here has slowed down so much. Are there other forums for that, or is the creation process just not much of a discussion topic?

5. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I think this kind of slowdown is natural.....new penabled phones, laptops, tablets, etc is what revitalizes this forum......and even without the current Corona Scare.....it would be fairly slow around here anyway since we're in the dry season of new products. Once Microsoft, Apple, and Samsung start unveiling 2020 iPads, Surface Book 3's, Galaxy Note Folds, etc.....activity will spark up.

nnthemperor, Lilawyn and JoeS like this.
  6. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

yea bunkering down and avoiding crowds is definitely the name of the game right now. I would also be trying to eat well (red peppers are particularly high in Vit C!), sleep well and take vitamin C supplements if possible to get your immune system as beefy as possible to have the best chance of fighting it off if you do happen to get it.

7. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Does drinking to forget your worries weaken the immune system? :D

dstrauss and nnthemperor like this.
  8. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...Does drinking to forget your worries weaken the immune system?..>>

Per a virus researcher, yes. In my experience, a zinc acetate or glutamate supplement, taken in moderation at the first sign that you might be coming down with something, has been useful. As always, do your research and make responsible personal decisions...

Lilawyn likes this.
  9. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

Agreed, points well taken. I was just suggesting that we have such an awesome - though small - community it would be nice to be more in touch, even if this is not prime time for new devices.

nnthemperor likes this.
  10. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Forget COVID-19, forget new product releases, blame the quiet on Dale . This is what happens when he tries to keep a particular device for more than a month. Folks, keeping the @dstrauss's and the @Bronsky's separate help to maintain the natural balance on this forum.

On a more serious note, I do agree with @lovelaptops, it's been very quiet here.

Sent from my SM-P205 using Tapatalk