We can't customize L7700 with SXGA+ for X61t

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by ctex, Oct 22, 2007.

1. ctex

ctex Pen Pal - Newbie

Althought, the new processor L7700 1.8GHz is available on Lenovo website, but we can't customize L7700 with SXGA+ for X61t.

We can ONLY customize x61t with L7500 (1.6ghz) and SXGA+ together.

here is the link to customize x61t

I am very curious about why Lenovo doesn't allow to config L7700 with SXGA+ together.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

Perhaps it's because of a possible shortage of the L7700 processors Lenovo may have. If they run out of the L7700 processors, or the SXGA+ screens for that matter, it may delay shipping for those customers who ordered both the L7700 and SXGA+, and in turn, complaining to Lenovo both publicly and through the various means of communication to Lenovo.

Maybe Lenovo will open up that option for the L7700 and SXGA+, when that will be is unknown at this time.

3. tymothy

tymothy Pen Pal - Newbie

A Lenovo guy told me the two were incompatible...I don't really believe him, but just the same, don't expect the configuration to appear anytime soon. I personally think the SXGA+ is getting phased out due to quality concerns (and cost of repairs for Lenovo)

4. pibach

pibach Scribbler - Standard Member

I think the whole market will go into the direction of higher resolutions on smaller screens. This is what can be observed in the past. Currently only Lenovo (x61t), Motion (LE1700), and Fujitsu (4220) offer the SXGA+ resolution in 12". I think the display of the x61t and the LE1700 is the same. Anyway we will see new machines with SXGA+ and WSXGA+ soon. Then, hopefully, quality, price, availability and support for these marvels get at a better level.

5. ctex

ctex Pen Pal - Newbie

I agree with your opinion. They worry about warranty cost!!

The L7700 is not much different from L7500, so there will be no compatibility issues.

6. ctex

ctex Pen Pal - Newbie

I called Lenovo sale department this morning.

They can't customize x61t with L7700 and SXGA+, and explain both can't work together and can't explain moe. The representative transfered my phone to a technician. The technician can't answer the question, then told me "would you please hold on for a while?" I was totally surprised he transfered the phone to another technician without telling me. THEN, the new guy tell me "do you need help?". After several sentences, he transfered the phone to the third technician, who kept saying "I can't hear you clearly."

Do you think they are trying to avoid answer the question?

7. ctex

ctex Pen Pal - Newbie

I called again just now.

The sale representative tells the reason is that the supply for SXGA+ is limited, so they allow L7500 + SXGA+ only.

8. ctex

ctex Pen Pal - Newbie

I set up a sale complaint for this issue via the Lenovo sale representative. (phone: 866-96-THINK)

If you like, you can call them to set up complaint too.