Watch a ThinkPad Notebook Get Doused with Water and Dropped on the Floor Tomorrow

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by Andrew, Oct 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andrew

Andrew Just a Guy Staff Member

In celebration of the ThinkPad's 15th Anniversary, join us tomorrow at ThinkLive where Lenovo will demonstrate a T-series notebook being dropped on the floor. But only after we pour water on the ThinkPad while it's turned on.

We told you about the ThinkLive 15th Anniversary event last week and the fact you can win a $5,000 exclusive Lenovo ThinkPad Reserve notebook by registering. But what other reasons do you have for tuning in? Don't worry, we won't be just lighting the candles on an Anniversary cake and clapping, here's a rundown of what you'll see during ThinkLive if you register to watch:

We'll reveal the first design prototype of a ThinkPad. This has never been seen publically, only behind closed curtains.

We'll take a look at the famous ThinkPad 701C, better known as the "Butterfly" notebook that has an expanding keyboard..

The ThinkPad Reserve notebook with its leather coat will be on hand for a cameo

Want to see the insides of a ThinkPad? We'll have a naked ThinkPad with all of its insides showing and take a look at the internal roll-cage.

We'll get destructive by pouring water onto the keyboard of a ThinkPad while it's turned on to demonstrate the the spill protection capabilities

After dousing the ThinkPad with water, we'll drop it on the floor (while turned on) for good measure to demonstrate the hard drive protection and sturdy build of the ThinkPad.

If you can't make the webcast event live, you can of course watch it after the event so long as you register. The drawing for the ThinkPad Reserve notebook will take place on November 2nd and the winner will be announced on November 5th. Just make sure to register to be included in this competition. Below is all of the information for the when and where of this live video webcast event.

[​IMG][​IMG]

What? Lenovo and NotebookReview.com will present the ThinkLive live video webcast celebrating the 15th anniversary of the ThinkPad. We'll be taking a look at older ThinkPad models -- some of which were sold, and some of which never did quite make it onto shelves. Then we'll see how the current ThinkPad models have built upon and improved from the way things were. At the end of the ThinkLive event we'll invite people to submit via email any ThinkPad related questions they might have. For those that register and watch, be it live or later on, you will be automatically entered to win a ThinkPad Reserve notebook in a drawing that will occur at the end of the month.

When? October 10th at 2:00 p.m. EST (7:00 p.m. GMT). If you happen to have work during this hour, we'll archive the video so you can watch it later of course.

Where? Register here and you'll get access to the video cast page location and an email providing the link to it

How? All you'll need is a web browser and Real Player to watch the event. After registering for ThinkLive there will be instructions and a system test to see if your computer is ready-to-go for watching the video.

Why? We'll give three reasons for why you should register and watch: 1) So you can win a $5,000 ThinkPad Reserve leather clad notebook. If you register and watch, then you're entered for the drawing that will occur at the beginning of November (contest rules here). 2) See exclusive content, such as never before seen prototypes, and a behind the scenes look at the ThinkPad development. 3) We're doing this Live, so anything could happen!

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. nikecar

nikecar Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

is it me, or they late in starting?

3. ygthb

ygthb SQA Start-Up Guy

I am here but am just listening to MUZAK

4. squishydonut

squishydonut Pen Pal - Newbie

the music... is driving me insane!

5. ygthb

ygthb SQA Start-Up Guy

baa bu du bu pa, buuuu, dah dah dah dah, yyyyeeeeaaaahhhhhhh

48 minutes and the sound stopped.

So, since I am still on, an hour and 5 minutes, with no sound the last 15 minutes, Submitting questions to no avail, do I get the ThinkPad Reserve notebook?

6. Tiffany Boggs

Tiffany Boggs Editor/Site Admin Senior Member

Sorry everyone they are experiencing technical difficulties. I will keep you posted about when the webcast will be available.

Again we are sorry for the technical difficulties, but I do have some updated information.

Everyone who registered for the event is eligible for the giveaway.

Likewise, I was just informed that everyone who registered will receive an email with the direct link to view the now pre-recorded webcast ... so if you where looking forward to seeing Thinkpads getting abused you can still watch Lenovo spill water on them and drop them, etc.

We will also post a link in the forums so people can view the webcast if they didn't register. But, again, only those who registered are eligible to win the notebook. It doesn't matter if you logged into the live webcast or not. It only matters that you already registered.

Sorry again from NotebookReview.com, Lenovo, TechTarget and other parties involved.

7. nikecar

nikecar Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

i registered so please make sure i win.. i'll send you a cookie as thanks. :)

8. ygthb

ygthb SQA Start-Up Guy

Just one cookie, cheapskate. I will send a few dozen. <VBG>

9. DJ Garcia

DJ Garcia Pen Pal - Newbie

Ah, it's a demo! And here I was thinking from reading the title, Man, this guy's really ticked off with his ThinkPad!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.