Warranty Questions

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by m1tch37, Jul 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m1tch37

m1tch37 Pen Pal - Newbie

I want to purchase an accidental damage warranty for my Fujitsu T2010, their website is a bit light on information and I was hoping to clarify a few things.

You can get whats called a "Screen Damage Protection Plan". Does this imply their so called accidental damage plan is for the screen only, and I will not be covered for spillages or damage no matter what plan I buy?

Secondly, for the details for the International Limited Warranty Extension it says, quote: "Not applicable for those products covered under a three-year warranty period, only available in the USA and Canada."

An International warranty is only available in USA or Canada, what? Whats the deal with that?

Thaks
    Mitch

2. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

International Limited Warranty Info from Fujitsu's Site as well as terms.

I think it means that the international warranty extension can only be purchased in the US. it doesn't mean you can't service your PC outside of the US/Canada, and it seems that you can't extend past three years of int'l warranty.

Different regions have different international plans.

Screen Damage Protection is for Screen Damage ONLY, it is not an accidental warranty to cover the other things you mentioned

"Screen Damage Protection Plan
    Accidental damage to a screen is not covered under our International Limited Warranty and the cost to replace a screen could surpass your entire purchase price. Screen Damage Protection offers you the "peace of mind" that screens may be replaced, up to twice during a one-year period. (USA and Canada only) "

They don't appear to have an accidental warranty plan in place.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  3. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

The lack of a comprehensive accidental protection plan is my biggest problem with Fujitsu's tablets. It's pretty sad that the most expensive plan ($600) in the industry also offers the least protection.

4. Grimnir

Grimnir Think tank & Designer Senior Member

This also disturbs me a little bit...seems like a lot of other manufacturer's accident protection plans cover the entire tablet, screen and all!

hrm...a conundrum arises...again.