Warranty question

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by sacley, Jun 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sacley

sacley Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi everyone,
    I am going to order a T902 tomorrow, I was wondering if upgrading the hard disk or RAM by myself voids the warranty?
    This might sound like a silly question but I'm new to this, any comments are:confused: appreciated!

2. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...I was wondering if upgrading the hard disk or RAM by myself voids the warranty?..>>

sac: The RAM, No. The HD, probably yes. (This is due, in part, to the fact that your Windows OS installation is linked to your HD, not to your tablet.)

HOWEVER, simply keep your original HD, and reinstall it if you ever need to return your T902 for service...

3. Zero

Zero Scribbler - Standard Member

What about adding an m-SATA drive?

4. utopian201

utopian201 Scribbler - Standard Member

if you return your device for warranty repairs, you can remove your hard drive; I removed mine before sending it away. They just use a service hard drive to carry out repairs.

5. monicajae

monicajae Pen Pal - Newbie

shouldn't, but check with the issuer. these are modifications that are superficially doable. IOW, you don't have to take the machine apart to install/remove them. plus, most manufacturers offer instructions on how to replace or upgrade just what you are talking about which makes the act "legal"