Warranty advice -902

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by MindSteps, Mar 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MindSteps

MindSteps Pen Pal - Newbie

I am planning on purchasing a 902 for business (I am a sole proprietor) and if the past is the best predictor of the future, I keep my computers approximately four years (I currently have a Toshiba M700). The cost of Fujitsu's service programs potentially could add considerable cost to the initial outlay of my purchase (e.g. the combined coverage of the 3-Year Onsite Plan plus the 3-Year Screen Damage Protection Plan- costs almost $678). Does anyone have any opinions on whether this large initial investment is worth it or not?

2. DigitallyChallenged

DigitallyChallenged Pen Pal - Newbie

Good question. I had planned to add onsite service but not the screen protection. When I purchased I paid with AMEX so I get a year added to the standard 3 yr. warranty for free. I'll be interested in what folks say about screen protection warranty.

3. MindSteps

MindSteps Pen Pal - Newbie

How does the extra year with AMEX work? I use AMEX for almost all of my business purchases. Do you have to request the extra year or is it automatically provided? Also, is it tacked on at the end after the Fujitsu warranty lapses or does it run concurrently with the manufacturers warranty?

4. DigitallyChallenged

DigitallyChallenged Pen Pal - Newbie

Automatic but it starts after manufacturer's warranty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.